Gracious God, your
Son Jesus Christ
gave us the confidence
to call you Father. We believe you care for
us. We believe also
in the communion
of saints. With
confidence we ask
St. Jude, patron of
difficult cases, to pray
with us, for our
Thank you, God,
for hearing our prayer.
Dear Parishioner ,
Welcome to our parish website and if you are new to the area, welcome to our parish. You may come from further afield and simply want to know something about St. Jude the Apostle Parish – I hope that your visit will transform distance into friendship.
Our parishioners come from all over Ireland and beyond. We are comprised of young and not so young, working and retired people and children growing up who share a common love of God and each other. Please browse our site and feel welcome to drop into our beautiful church at any time to say a prayer or light a candle or join our parish family for Mass.
You can also tune in and watch our ceremonies live through the magic of the internet, which when you think of it is really what a parish is all about. A group of individuals combining talents and knowledge for the greater good and as the Jesuits would say, the Glory of God.
With best wishes:Fr. Brendan Madden P.P. Click here for Note from Fr Brendan
This parish is made up of over 2,500 homes from the estates of Orwell Park, Willington, Wellington Road, Cypress Downs, Glendown, Rossmore, Templeogue Wood, Templeogue Lodge, Rushbrook, Kennington, Wilderwood, Osprey, Kilvere and Domville.
Click here to view copy of Concert
|As part of the Coronavirus guidelines and to minimise the risk of infection the parish office is now closed to the public.
Any requests, queries or if any one would like to purchase Mass Cards you can phone me or send me an email and I will arrange for you to pick up or I will get them to you
We thank you for your co-operation at this time
or Catherine Mobile: 087 6174498 or
Fr Brendan 01 4508432
Masses and Ceremonies Here in St. Jude The Apostle During Covid-19 (Behind Closed Doors)
Daily Mass will be streamed on the web
While this is a very challenging time for everyone we pray that by keeping our distance and staying at home we will be able to meet and pray with one another again very soon meanwhile please join us if you can for our live web streaming.
Monday to Friday at 9.30am and
on Sunday at 10.00am & 11:30am
Fr Brendan will also try to put on the Stations of the Cross or Say the Rosary after Mass each day if he can, which you can watch on the web. We ask you to stay home and stay safe for the next few weeks
As no collections are possible at this time there is an on-line payment facility via paypal. Click on “Donate” button
Take care, stay calm, stay safe & be kind,
Fr Brendan , Perky & the Parish Team
Prayer to the Holy Spirit
O Holy Spirit –
Replace the tension within me with holy relaxation;
Replace the turbulence within me with a sacred calm;
Replace the anxiety within me with a strong faith;
Replace the bitterness within me with the sweetness of Your grace;
Replace the darkness within me with Your guiding light;
Replace the coldness within me with a gentle warmth.
An Act of Spiritual Communion
I believe that You
are present in the Most Holy Sacrament.
I love You above all things,
and I desire to receive You into my soul.
Since I cannot at this moment
receive You sacramentally,
come at least spiritually into my heart.
I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You.
Never permit me to be seperated from You.
When my arms cannot reach people who are close to my heart I hug them with my prayers.
Poor Clare's Monastery Carlow'
Rosaries Fr Brendan Uses with
FrKevin & Dana.
Click on one to Select.
Glorious Mysteries - Wednesday & Sunday
Joyful Mysteries - Monday & Saturday
Luminous Mysteries - Thursday
- Tuesday & Friday
Anniversary Masses:You can still book anniversary masses if you wish all masses will be live streamed on our parish webcam each day if you would like to book an anniversary mass for coming months please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone me at 087 6174498 and I can put into diary for you
Fr. Brendans Porch
Go to the dedicated page for the Lectio Divina group by clicking here
Click here for Sunday's (24th May) Lectio Reflection or
Click here to goto the Lectio Reflection archive
Today's Mass readings
Thought for Today
Sunday's Mass Readings
Letter From Archbishop of Dublin Re Covid-19
|Insights into Spiritual Communion
Covid-19 inspired Thoughts Click here
Click here for this week's newsletter or
Click here to go to the newsletter archive -
Please note there will be no Taize Masses here until further notice
. Click here
to goto Taize page
- The Church Building is closed to all visitors until further notice
VDP:Want to acknowledge with thanks the sum of €1055.00 donated so far. Our Local Conference of the St Vincent De Paul Society are seeking your help at this time as the Society is under a lot of pressure to meet their demands at this time as we have no Church Gate Collections at this time the Society would ask if you can spare anything to drop donations into Safe at back of Church just put VDP on envelope or lodge directly to their bank account using the following IBAN IE62BOFI90075483434073 any help would be appreciated
Easter Dues:We would like to acknowledge with thanks all of you who have returned your Easter Dues either into safe at back of church or Fr Brendan' s house of direct via the Donate button on website as I don't have full access to office and printer I will not be sending out individual acknowledgement letters at this time if any one needs a hard copy letter please email me at email@example.com and I will be happy to email or post one to you. Catherine
- Many thanks to all who donated so far amount donated €1850 this week
Next Wednesday 27th May the Boys and Girls from Bishop Galvin School were to have received the Sacrament of Confirmation, as this is postponed to a later date the children will have a virtual Ceremony of Light this Wednesday 27th at 7.30pm which will be streamed live via our parish webcam so please join with the boys and girls virtually as they prepare for their Confirmation
- Novena to the Holy Spirit Friday 22nd May to Saturday 29th May each evening at 7.30pm except Wednesday 27th when we will have Novena after the 9.30am Mass this is to allow the Boys and Girls from Bishop Galvin School who were due to receive thier Confirmation on 27th May to have a Virtual Ceremony of Light on Wednesday evening at 7.30pm to which you are all welcome to tune into via our parish webcam
- New boxes of weekly envelopes are available on tables at back of church or if you would prefer to set up a standing order email us and we will send you bank details
- Invitation from Rathfarnham Parish: Join us online for an hour of music, song, prayer and testimony in the Church of the Annunciation Rathfarnham on Pentecost Sunday May 31 st at 7.30pm. Theme: A time of challenge and a time for hope. This special evening can be viewed via our Church webcam at: rathfarnhamparish.ie/webcam/ or churchservices.tv/rathfarnham
- Radio Maria Ireland: Mass is broadcast daily at 10.00am and on Sunday at 10.00am and 11.00am. Listen on Saorview ch210 on App “Radio Maria Ireland” Internet https://www.radiomaria.ie/ and on Facebook “Listen Live Radio” Mass also on EWTN each day if you have access to it on your tv's
RTE will broadcast Daily Mass each day at 10.30am for those of you who don’t have access to the web
- The Parish Pilgrimage to Medugorje due to take place in June has been postponed to a later date
- Calling all Knitters: Chaplain looking for crochet or knitters to make small hearts for 2 Hospitals. As a memory for families whose Loved ones are at end of life – (one for the patient and one for the Family.
Pattern on YouTube ‘How to knit a heart shape’ Puffy Heart Shapes – small. Red Wool and safety pins supplied by Miriam. Contact Miriam on 0878272701. Catherine in Parish office also has copies of pattern printed which she can email or post to you if that is easier, just call 087 6147798 or drop a email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- CHURCH DONATIONS AT THIS TIME: If possible anyone who donates via weekly envelopes and whose collector is not calling at moment or if you just wish to make a Donation to help us keep the Parish running we ask if you can log onto our website www.stjudesparish.net We now have a DONATE button there where you can make a donation to the parish. Please put the 1st line of your address in as reference or your current envelope number so we can allocate donations to your household so we can claim the tax back next year. We thank you all for helping us out at this time.
Please hold on to you Easter Dues till we are open again and you can drop your envelopes into us
- Request for copies of Baptism, Confirmation Certificates and Letters of Freedom from 1st June in order to comply with the new GDPR requlations we are required by law to ask the person for whom the certificate relates to to request copy themselves accompanied by photo id so the easiest way is to email request to email@example.com and attach photo id otherwise we will have to give them a request form for you to sign and bring it back with photo id if you are asking someone to pick up certificates they must have photo id of their own as well before we can hand out paperwork
- GET THE DIGITAL EDITION OF THE MESSENGER FOR FREE
A combination of ‘cocooning’ and the travel restrictions currently in place all around the country mean that many readers of The Sacred Heart Messenger cannot access their monthly ‘little red book’. Therefore, during this coronavirus crisis we are delighted to make the digital edition of The Messenger available FREE OF CHARGE until we return to normal delivery. Please send
your email request to: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a link to view the Messenger on your laptop, tablet or mobile phone
- Church Collections click here for more details
- CCOVID-19 Support Line for Older People ALONE has launched a national support line and additional supports for older people who have concerns or are facing difficulties relating to the outbreak of COVID-19 (Corona-virus). Professional staff are available to answer queries and give advice and reassurance where necessary. The support line is open Monday to Friday, 8am-8pm, by calling 0818 222 024. Hours may be extended to meet the demand. Monday evening adoration will go ahead from 7 to 9pm
- South Dublin County Council Helpline 01-4149043 with the lines initially open from 9am to 5pm seven days a week. Out of hours email contact through email@example.com
- Mass bookings:
All Mass bookings are now taken in the Parish Office if you wish to book a Mass please call into the parish office, for anniversary Masses please call into the office at least 2-3 weeks prior to anniversary to ensure that the date is available.
Bookings for Anniversary Masses – please note due to the high demand for Masses please book your anniverary mass dates in as early as possible to avoid disappointment. Mass bookings can be made now up to the end of the current year
- Do you have any old foreign notes or coins lying around at home or 1 or 2 cent euro coins? Koins for Kids is a small voluntary charity putting all their efforts in the funding of lifesaving equipment for The New Children’s Hospital when building is complete. Koins for Kids collects out of date and damaged currency and one & two cent coins. They are open to any donation none is too big or small. To date they have raised over €80,000 If you have any coins or foreign currency which can repatriated please drop into the parish office
- Please refrain from leaving notes in Safe in Church or under door of sacristy requesting names to be read out Parish Office is open Monday – Friday from 8.30am to 1pm and after all Masses on Sunday morning phone 01-4600127 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cards - Cards for all occasions now available in Parish Office. Also Confirmation cards and religious objects available
Return to Top