Gracious God, your
Son Jesus Christ
gave us the confidence
to call you Father. We believe you care for
us. We believe also
in the communion
of saints. With
confidence we ask
St. Jude, patron of
difficult cases, to pray
with us, for our
Thank you, God,
for hearing our prayer.
Welcome to the website of the parish of St. Jude the Apostle, Templeogue in Dublin Ireland. This parish is made up of over 2,500 homes from the estates of Orwell Park, Willington, Cypress Downs, Glendown, Rossmore, Templeogue Wood, Templeogue Lodge, Rushbrook, Kennington, Wilderwood, Osprey, Kilvere and Domville.
Mass times for St Judes Parish are as follows:
- Sunday: 9.00am, 10.30am (Choir) & 12.00pm
Space There is Sunday Evening Mass in our neighboring parishes. See note below
- Saturday: 10.00am and 6.30pm (Folk group every 2nd week)
- Weekdays: 9.30am
- Holy Days: 9.30am, 11.00am and 7.30pm
- Bank Holiday: There will be just one Mass at 10.00am and no Evening Adoration
|"The Cross is the way which leads from earth to heaven; through the Cross you can be present wherever there is pain, carried there by compassion." - Edith Stein
Taize Mass normally takes place here on the last Sunday each month at 7.30pm from September to May.
Our Taize Mass for February takes place here on Sunday March at 7.30pm
Celebrant will be Fr TBA
Please use the Rossmore Entrance.
Click here to goto Taize page
Go to the dedicated page for the Lectio Divina group by clicking here
Click here for Sunday's (9th March) Lectio Reflection or
Click here to goto the Lectio Reflection archive
Today's Mass readings
Sunday's Mass Readings
Parish Safeguarding & Child Protection Policy
Even though the rain hides the stars,
Even though the mist swirls the hills,
Even when the dark clouds veil the sky,
You are by my side.
Even when the sun shall fall in sleep,
Even when at dawn the sky shall weep,
Even in the night when storms shall rise,
You are by my side. You are by my side.
Bright the stars at night
that mirror heaven’s way to you.
Bright the stars in light
where dwell the saints in love and truth
Deep the feast of life
where saints shall gather in deep peace.
Deep in heaven’s light
where sorrows pass beyond death’s sleep.
Blest are they who sing
the fellowship of saints in light.
Blest is heaven’s King.
All saints adore the Lord, Most High.
|Click here for this week's newsletter or
Click here to go to the newletter archive
|Fr Antonio Spadaro S.J. interview with Pope Francis August 2013 Click here to read
- NOTICES FOR NEWSLETTER - Please email or drop your requests for inclusion in weekly newsletter to parish office no later than 1pm on Thursdays
- The Local Conference of the St Vincent de Paul Society take up their monthly Church Gate Collection after all Masses this weekend
- Many thanks to all who supported last weekend’s Church Gate collection for CASA which amounted to €1076 which will be used to fund Lourdes and respite breaks for people with disabilities and illness. Thank you again for your support
- Extra Weekday Mass for Lent
Please note we will have an extra weekday Mass each weekday morning Monday to Friday at 7.30am
Trocaire Boxes are available on the tables in the Church Porch to take home and can be left back here at the end of Lent
- Novena Of Grace to Saint Francis Xavier – 4th -12th March
Novena prayers will be recited at our 9.30am Mass each morning Monday to Friday and 10.00am Mass on Saturday
Family Mass Dates: Our next Family Mass will take place here this Sunday 23rd March at 12pm we especially invite families with young children to join us for our Family Mass.
Family mass times are 12:00 noon with the exception of April 17th. Other Familly Mass dates are as follows 23rd March, 17th April (Holy Thursday 5:00pm), 21st April, 11th May & 25th and 8th June. Good Friday 18th April Stations of the Cross at 12:00pm noon
St Agnes Musical Society present The Sound of Music
In St Agnes School Hall Armagh Road, Crumlin on Friday March 21st Saturday March 22nd & Sunday March 23rd at 7.30pm. Tickets €10 / €5 available in St Agnes Primary School reception & St Agnes Parish Office 086 2592230 087 2740186
- Parish Trip to Medjugorje 28th May 2014 - 7 nights all inclusive
Booking deposit of €50.00 must be paid by 15th Feb to secure special price of €609 otherwise price will be €659. Contact Noreen O’Connor 01-4602436 or 087 7462175
Next Baptismal Course will take place on Monday 24th March at 8pm in Room 1 of the pastoral centre for the parents of all babies who will be baptised here during April 2014
Starting from January 2014 anyone wishing to book a christening should come along to Room 1 in the Parish Centre on the 1st & 3rd Sunday of each month at 11.30am to meet with one of our Baptism Team to arrange your christening
The Courtyard Café Located in the Parish Centre all produce homemade
on premises. We are delighted to announce our Parish Café is now open again on Sunday mornings after all our Masses we hope you will drop in and support them. They will be open as normal from Monday to Friday from 8am to 3pm
The Local branch of Meals on Wheels need drivers if you can spare approx one hour one day per week phone Nora at 4907269 or 085 1660502
- Patients in need of transport to and from their chemotherapy treatments (inc. bloods, consultant appointments, follow-ups, etc.) can avail of ‘Care to Drive’ - a free transport service to the following hospitals – St. Vincent’s; St. James’s; the Mater; Tallaght; Blanchardstown. Contact your hospital team or the Irish Cancer Society on 01 2310566 for more details
- Divine Mercy Holy Hour takes place each Tuesday from 3pm to 4pm
Tuesday 28th January Divine Mercy Holy Hour 3-4pm. This week instead of Holy Hour we will have a healing Mass celebrated by Fr Michael Ross followed by healing ministry lead by Don Devaney & Tony Hynes all are welcome
Monday evening adoration will take place each Monday from 7pm to 9pm.
Adoration will take place on Friday from 10.30am to 4.30pm concluding with Benediction at 4pm
- Please note that there is Sunday Evening Mass in our neighboring parishes as follows Mount Argus 4pm, Greenhills 5.30pm, Knocklyon 7pm and Crumlin 7pm.
Please note a change to the Sunday Mass Times in St Pius X Church starting on Sunday 5th January 2014. Saturday Vigil: 7 PM Sunday: 9.30 AM and 11.30 AM
For Life- Passive Chair Exercise Classes Every Tuesday 11am to 12pm in Parish Centre cost €2.50 per week come along and bring your friends & meet new friends and get fit.
Art Classes in Parish Centre
Watercolours & Oils. Phone Maureen for more information 4902899
- Beginner Violin Lessons - Adults & Children age 5+
Qualified & Experienced Teacher (Garda Vetted)
Available to come to you home. Contact Nicola 086-8602725
- Dominican Retreat Centre Tallaght Village
Meditation, Mindfulness,Advent Retreat, Zen, etc.Contact 4048189 /4048123
- Home Instead Senior Care have been providing a flexible range of home care services like housekeeping, meal preparation, personal care, into the homes of seniors in this area for the last 7 years. To find out how we can help your loved ones stay happy and live independently at home for longer than otherwise possible, contact local office on 01-4241945
- Arthritis Ireland:
Invite you to join in their weekly walks every Monday Morning at 10.30am with Carmel meet at Tymon Park Gate beside Faughs GAA club phone 087-2616798 for more information.
Learn how to improve your health & overall well being with Arthritis Ireland
- Used Stamps: The collection of used stamps is an on-going project with the Holy Rosary Missionary Sisters.
A big Thank You for all the stamps that have been donated in the past you can leave your stamps into the parish office
- DIG – Dublin Inclusive Group – Group meeting now in Perrystown Community Centre – Limekiln Lane. DIG is a group for parents and carers of children/dependants on the Sprectrum – Asperger’s, ASD,ADD, ADHD, PDD- NOS… We meet in Perrystown Community Centre on the First Tuesday of each month from 10am to 12pm phone 086 406682 for more information
St Jude’s Parish Choir sing at our 10.30am Mass each Sunday if you are interested in joining please contact our Organist & Choir Director Judit after the 10.30am Mass any Sunday during September Or phone Judit at 087-6902220
CROSSCARE have asked us to be aware of individuals contacting parishes claiming to represent a British charity, "The Forrester Fund for Children". Upon closer inspection their contact numbers do not work and their address appears to be incorrect. All parishes are asked to be aware of requests coming from charitable organisations
- Mass bookings:
All Mass bookings are now taken in the Parish Office if you wish to book a Mass please call into the parish office, for anniversary Masses please call into the office at least 2-3 weeks prior to anniversary to ensure that the date and time you require is available.
All notices including requests for names to be included on Anniversary list & newsletter must be emailed or dropped into the parish office no later than 1pm on Thursday for inclusion in that weekends call out list and newsletter. Please refrain from leaving notes in Safe in Church or under door of sacristy requesting names to be read out Parish Office is open Monday – Friday from 8.30am to 1pm and after all Masses on Sunday morning phone 01-4600127 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cheeverstown House Volunteers needed. Could you give a few hours once a month to help us maintain the gardens within our community house? No experience necessary, working together as part of a team. If you are interested in finding out more please contact Gerry O’Connor at 01-4993700 or email : email@example.com
All of this news and more can be found in out weekly Parish Newsletter.
Return to Top
Click on logo above to download latest
Dublin Diocesan e-Good News
- AWARE - Volunteer Recruitment is now open for our Dublin-based loCall helpline listening service currently supported Monday – Sunday from 10.00am to 10.00 pm. We are particularly interested in people who can volunteer for Monday to Friday, 10.00 am to 7.00pm. Full details and application forms are available from our website www.aware.ie or contact us on 01-6617211
- An tAifreann Naofa: A bilingual booklet (Irish & English) and CD with updated texts of Masses, produced by An Coiste Tréadach is now available to purchase. It ’ s a practical aid in the celebration of Mass in Irish. Enquiries/Orders: Glór na Gael: 046-9487573. Website: www.udar.ie Veritas: 01-8788177. A copy is available free of charge to all priests of the Dublin Diocese by contacting an Coiste Tréadach directly at email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fr. Pádraig O’Cochlain at 086 2648046
- www.sacredspace.ie is online prayer site run by the Irish Jesuits for you, your family, your students, your prayer group, your colleagues at work. All it takes is ten minutes a day in front of your PC, or smartphone for a guided personal reflection centered on a new passage of scripture each day. The aim of the site is to help you find time for peace and reflection in the middle of the hustle and bustle of daily life. What better commitment to your Year of Faith than to deepen your relationship with God in your life. Why not start this November and use our Chapel of Remembrance to make a special prayer for a loved one
- Request for Overseas Volunteers: Viatores Christi, a Catholic association, founded in 1960, recruits, trains and places people with skills and life
experience in roles with our mission partners in areas of need overseas. We are currently seeking people over the age of 21 (retired people especially welcome)
who are interested in overseas volunteering. We offer a comprehensive training programme to help you discern whether overseas volunteering is for you and
full support before, during and after your placement if you do decide to go overseas. For further information, please visit our website www.viatoreschristi.com or email Colette at email@example.com Tel. 01-868 9986
- Third Age - Senior Help Line: Senior Help Line is a confidential listening service for older people provided by trained older volunteers for the price of a local call anywhere in Ireland, LoCall 1850 440 444. ‘Senior Help Line’s trained older volunteers offer a friendly, listening and non-judgmental ear to all callers. So don't be alone with your problem. Lifting the phone lessens the loneliness. We will be waiting for your call. LoCall 1850 440 444
- B.E. Beginning Experience: B.E. is a support group for those coping with the pain of loss of their life partner, through death, separation or divorce. This is a healing ministry, which helps to resolve the grief that goes with the end of a marriage or relationship. Coping effectively with bereavement is a skill we can all learn. For further information phone 01 6790556 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Courses at All Hallows: The Pathways Course: Have you ever thought about exploring your faith? Or wished that you could broaden your understanding of your faith?
Perhaps you are feeling challenged by questions your children or grandchildren are asking about God and the meaning of faith for which you feel you have ‘no answers’.
Perhaps you are feeling challenged by all that is happening in the Irish Church right now. If so, Pathways may be the course for you. Pathways is a course for adults who wish to explore their faith. There are no exams on this course, no written work. The only qualification is an openness to listening to others.
For more information please phone 01 8373745 or email us at email@example.com
- Apostolic Work: Apostolic Work helps the world wide missionary endeavour through prayer and provision of material aid (gifts/finance) to missionary priests, nuns and lay missionaries. We are currently looking for Volunteers who can sew and feel they can contribute to our mission. For further details contact: Mary O’Reilly, 25A The Stiles Road, Clontarf, Dublin 3. Tel. 8338556. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- CURA: Crisis Pregnancy Support Services. Talk to us, we listen. Our Dublin branches include, City Centre-30 South Anne Street, Dublin 2;Blanchardstown- CrossCare, Main Street, Blanchardstown; Tallaght-TWS House, 1-2 Main Street, Tallaght. For further details contact:
Telephone - 01 6710598 or see www.cura.ie
- 1Life: Irelands only 24-hour suicide prevention and intervention, helpline and text message service. Check out their website below
Email email@example.com Website www.1life.ie Facebook www.facebook.com/1LifeIreland.com
- APOSTOLIC WORK: (Dublin Centre) (under the patronage of His Grace, the Archbishop of Dublin): Apostolic Work are currently putting together Mass Kits for the Third World, Uganda in particular. They are looking for sewers or stitchers to join them in their work. If you feel you have the sewing skills required and would like to help them achieve their goal please call Mary O Reilly on 086 8891236
- ARC Cancer Support is a voluntary organisation which offers free, professional support to men and women affected by cancer and those who care for them. Can you volunteer your time to help with once off/regular fundraising activities such as database maintenance, planning of events, obtaining sponsors, etc. Please call Deirdre or Maura at 01 830 7333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- IRISH HOSPICE FOUNDATION: The Irish Hospice Foundation supports the development of hospice care and promotes the hospice philosophy. Our aim is to facilitate the practice of hospice care in all its aspects. We do this by working independently as well as in partnership with the statutory,
voluntary and professional bodies concerned with hospice and palliative care in Ireland.
For full details on all courses see the course database on their website at www.hospice-foundation.ie
- Clothes Collections: Please remind parishioners that there are several leaflets being dropped into homes, purporting to be genuine charitable clothes collections, which may be bogus. Recently one was circulated claiming to be involved with local Churches – but when we checked out the telephone numbers given on them, none was in operation. Well known Irish Charities, such as Enable Ireland and the Irish Cancer Society,
who leave bags for collection always use valid phone numbers and charity numbers. Established charities, including the Vincent de Paul rely on clothes collections for vital income and are being significantly affected by the bogus collections
- The Catholic Communications Office circulated information promoting the Church’s position on unborn human life Click here to view
Return to Top
||Spirit Radio on Dublin 89.9 New Christian Radio Station why not tune in and take a listen or check them out on www.spiritradio.ie
The Pastoral letter of the Holy Father Pope Benedict XVI to the Catholics of Ireland can be downloaded here