Gracious God, your
Son Jesus Christ
gave us the confidence
to call you Father. We believe you care for
us. We believe also
in the communion
of saints. With
confidence we ask
St. Jude, patron of
difficult cases, to pray
with us, for our
Thank you, God,
for hearing our prayer.
Dear Parishioner ,
Welcome to our parish website and if you are new to the area, welcome to our parish. You may come from further afield and simply want to know something about St. Jude the Apostle Parish – I hope that your visit will transform distance into friendship.
Our parishioners come from all over Ireland and beyond. We are comprised of young and not so young, working and retired people and children growing up who share a common love of God and each other. Please browse our site and feel welcome to drop into our beautiful church at any time to say a prayer or light a candle or join our parish family for Mass.
You can also tune in and watch our ceremonies live through the magic of the internet, which when you think of it is really what a parish is all about. A group of individuals combining talents and knowledge for the greater good and as the Jesuits would say, the Glory of God.
With best wishes:Fr. Brendan Madden P.P.
This parish is made up of over 2,500 homes from the estates of Orwell Park, Willington, Wellington Road, Cypress Downs, Glendown, Rossmore, Templeogue Wood, Templeogue Lodge, Rushbrook, Kennington, Wilderwood, Osprey, Kilvere and Domville.
Masses and Ceremonies Streamed Here in St. Jude The Apostle During Covid-19
Monday to Friday at 9.30am and
on Saturday Vigil 6:30pm & Sunday at 10.00am & 12:00pm
From Monday 4th January our Daily Mass will return to 9.30am. Mass will be streamed live each day. Unfortunately during the current restrictions no one is allowed attend Mass. All masses are recorded so if you cannot view at 9.30am you can go back and view recording later in the Day. Church will open Monday to Friday for private prayer from 11am to 4:30pm unless we have a funeral. If we have a funeral the Church will be closed until 1pm
Please note there is no public Adoration on either Saturdays, Sundays or
Public Holidays at present
As no collections are possible at this time there is an on-line payment facility via paypal. Click on “Donate” button
1. New Painting Of St Jude
2. Explanation of Painting
An Act of Spiritual Communion
I believe that You
are present in the Most Holy Sacrament.
I love You above all things,
and I desire to receive You into my soul.
Since I cannot at this moment
receive You sacramentally,
come at least spiritually into my heart.
I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You.
Never permit me to be seperated from You.
"Fear is the dark room where negatives are developed ." - Poor Clare's Tridium
Rosaries Fr Brendan Uses with
Fr Kevin & Dana.
Glorious Mysteries - Wednesday & Sunday
Joyful Mysteries - Monday & Saturday
Luminous Mysteries - Thursday
Sorrowful Mysteries - Tuesday & Friday
Go to the dedicated page for the Lectio Divina group by clicking here
Click here for Sunday's (24th January) Lectio Reflection or
Click here to goto the Lectio Reflection archive
Today's Mass readings or Universalis
Thought for Today
Sunday's Mass Readings
St Jude's Novena Prayers
Covid-19 inspired Thoughts Click here
Miraculous Medal Novena Prayers
Click here for this week's newsletter or
Click here to go to the newsletter archive
There will be no Taize Masses here until further notice
. Click here
to goto Taize page
The Cosy Corner Café is now closed for all business for the remainder of January. They thank you for your support in trying to keep a take away business going but regret they have to now close fully until at least the end of January. They hope all their customers will remain safe and look forward to welcoming you all back soon
- Sincere thanks to all who have returned their Christmas Dues. Envelopes can be left in safe at back of Church, if you did not receive an envelope there are spare ones on tables in Church Porch
The parish office will be closed while we are at Level 5 as per HSE guidelines.
Purchase of Mass Cards – There will be a selection of cards available on table in Fr Brendan’s porch at 2 Rossmore Road. Please fill in details on brown envelopes provided and place envelope with Mass offering in letter box or safe at back of church
- If you are cocooning and need mass cards please phone me at 087 6174498 and I will post out to you Anyone wishing to book Masses can phone me or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Templeogue Mens Shed ackowledge with grateful thanks the sum of €4150.00 raised for Laura Lynns Childrens Hospice through the sale of their calendars sincere thanks to all who supported them in their fund raising venture
- Please be extra careful if you are in the Church to wipe down seats and anything you touch and not to gather around talking in groups. Stay Safe and hopefully, we will all be able to gather for worship again very soon
- New Covid Restrictions for Religious Services
From Saturday 26th December all Masses will be online you can view via our webcam www.stjudesparish.net. Funerals will be restricted to 10 mourners Weddings are down to 6 people. The Church will be closed to the public during Mass times each day so please do not come to Church for Mass anyone with Anniversary Masses booked these Masses will be offered on the days you booked you will have to watch them online
Please be advised the use of Face Masks in Church at all times is mandatory for all Adults over 12 as advised by all Church Leaders unless you have a medical condition exempting you from wearing a Mask then the wearing of a face shield is recommended
- First and Second Collections: There are now envelopes on tables in church to allow you to contribute to the 1st & 2nd Collections if you use these envelopes and put your address on them we can register these contributions and claim the tax back on these contributions through the CHY tax reclaim scheme so thank you in advance.
Thank you also to those who have made contributions to the First Collection and Share Collection.
The Common Fund, which is supported by the First Collection and Dues Collections is now on the verge of collapse and a 25% income cut with immediate effect has now been implemented for all the Priests of the Diocese. If you haven't yet made your donations we ask you to please consider doing so
The Local Conference of the St Vincent De Paul Society acknowledge with thanks your continued support to them. You can still leave your donations in safe at back of church. We ask if you can to use the Blue envelopes on tables in Church for your donations and place envelopes in Safe at back of Church. There are more demands than ever on the Society for help at this time of pandemic so any help would be appreciated
- Recordings of Daily & Weekend Masses are now available from our Webcam so if you miss any of our Masses you can view them later just click on recordings on our website or on churhmedia.tv
Saturday Morning Prayer at 10.00 We will have morning prayer each Saturday after which Church will open at approx 11am for private prayer and adoration
- Koins for Kids wish to acknowledge the generosity of all who have supported them in their goal to raise enough money to buy a new MRI scanner for the new childrens hospital so far they have raised just over €170,000 euro if you have any old foreign coins or notes or any small euro coins you can drop them into parish office anytime and we will pass them on to KOINS FOR KIDS
- Jigsaw Offering younger people going through a hard time, or for those worried about a young person in your life. www.jigsaw.ie or https://www.jigsaw.ie/newsandevents/ post/covid-19-what-were-doing
- Radio Maria Ireland: Mass is broadcast daily at 10.00am and on Sunday at 10.00am and 11.00am. Listen on Saorview ch210 on App “Radio Maria Ireland” Internet https://www.radiomaria.ie/ and on Facebook “Listen Live Radio” Mass also on EWTN each day if you have access to it on your tv's
RTE will broadcast Daily Mass each day at 10.30am for those of you who don’t have access to the web
- CHURCH DONATIONS AT THIS TIME: If possible anyone who donates via weekly envelopes and whose collector is not calling at moment or if you just wish to make a Donation to help us keep the Parish running we ask if you can log onto our website www.stjudesparish.net We now have a DONATE button there where you can make a donation to the parish. Please put the 1st line of your address in as reference or your current envelope number so we can allocate donations to your household so we can claim the tax back next year. We thank you all for helping us out at this time.
- Request for copies of Baptism, Confirmation Certificates and Letters of Freedom from 1st June in order to comply with the new GDPR requlations we are required by law to ask the person for whom the certificate relates to to request copy themselves accompanied by photo id so the easiest way is to email request to email@example.com and attach photo id otherwise we will have to give them a request form for you to sign and bring it back with photo id if you are asking someone to pick up certificates they must have photo id of their own as well before we can hand out paperwork
- Church Collections click here for more details
- CCOVID-19 Support Line for Older People ALONE has launched a national support line and additional supports for older people who have concerns or are facing difficulties relating to the outbreak of COVID-19 (Corona-virus). Professional staff are available to answer queries and give advice and reassurance where necessary. The support line is open Monday to Friday, 8am-8pm, by calling 0818 222 024. Hours may be extended to meet the demand. Monday evening adoration will go ahead from 7 to 9pm
- South Dublin County Council Helpline 01-4149043 with the lines initially open from 9am to 5pm seven days a week. Out of hours email contact through firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mass bookings:
All Mass bookings are now taken in the Parish Office if you wish to book a Mass please call into the parish office, for anniversary Masses please call into the office at least 2-3 weeks prior to anniversary to ensure that the date is available.
Bookings for Anniversary Masses – please note due to the high demand for Masses please book your anniverary mass dates in as early as possible to avoid disappointment. Mass bookings can be made now up to the end of the current year
- Please refrain from leaving notes in Safe in Church or under door of sacristy requesting names to be read out Parish Office is open Monday – Friday from 8.30am to 1pm and after all Masses on Sunday morning phone 01-4600127 email: email@example.com
- Cards - Cards for all occasions now available in Parish Office. Also Confirmation cards and religious objects available click here for Test
Return to Top