Gracious God, your
Son Jesus Christ
gave us the confidence
to call you Father. We believe you care for
us. We believe also
in the communion
of saints. With
confidence we ask
St. Jude, patron of
difficult cases, to pray
with us, for our
Thank you, God,
for hearing our prayer.
Welcome to the website of the parish of St. Jude the Apostle, Templeogue in Dublin Ireland. This parish is made up of over 2,500 homes from the estates of Orwell Park, Willington, Cypress Downs, Glendown, Rossmore, Templeogue Wood, Templeogue Lodge, Rushbrook, Kennington, Wilderwood, Osprey, Kilvere and Domville.
Mass times for St Judes Parish are as follows:
- Sunday: 9.00am, 10.30am (Choir) & 12.00pm
Space There is Sunday Evening Mass in our neighboring parishes. See note below
- Saturday: 10.00am and 6.30pm (Folk group every 2nd week)
- Weekdays: 9.30am
- Holy Days: 9.30am, 11.00am and 7.30pm
- Bank Holiday: There will be just one Mass at 10.00am and no Evening Adoration
"The Lord will guide you always, he will satisfy your needs in a sun scorched land. You will be like a spring whose waters never fail."
- Isaiah 58:11
Taize Mass normally takes place here on the last Sunday each month at 7.30pm from September to May.
Please use the Rossmore Entrance.
Click here to goto Taize page
Go to the dedicated page for the Lectio Divina group by clicking here
Click here for Sunday's (27th July ) Lectio Reflection or
Click here to goto the Lectio Reflection archive
Today's Mass readings
Sunday's Mass Readings
Parish Safeguarding & Child Protection Policy
I stood beneath a Mighty oak
And wondered at it’s size
How from an acorn it could grow,
I never could surmise -
I only know it did.
How God could make the heavens
The water and the land,
The animals and vegetables,
I cannot understand -
I only know He did.
Now! Just imagine what God can do for You !
|Click here for this week's newsletter or
Click here to go to the newletter archive
|Fr Antonio Spadaro S.J. interview with Pope Francis August 2013 Click here to read
- NOTICES FOR NEWSLETTER - Please email or drop your requests for inclusion in weekly newsletter to parish office no later than 1pm on Thursdays
Sunday closing The café will not be Opening on Sunday Mornings during the Months of July and August. They will be open as normal from Monday to Friday from 8am to 3pm and Will reopen on Sundays in September
- Dublin Diocesan Pilgrimage to Lourdes need your help to send sick pilgrims to Lourdes
This weekend 26th/27th July our Church Gate Collection will be a special collection to raise funds to send sick pilgrims to Lourdes with the Dublin Diocesan Group in September if you can assist in collecting after any of our Masses please leave your name into parish office before next Friday morning we just need 2-3 volunteers for each Mass any help will be greatly appreciated
Sincere thanks to each one of you for your wonderful generosity and kindness to BobLeo’s abandoned handicapped children’s trust at my coffee morning this week which realised the sum of €550 many thanks. Angela Kennedy
- The Parish office will be closing for holidays from Friday 1st August to Monday 18th August any requests for insertions for bulletins for 3rd 10th & 17th Aug must be received by Thursday 31st July at 12pm
- Lough Derg
God’s healing grace is experienced on Lough Derg in an intensity seldom encountered elsewhere; through spiritual exercise, companionship of fellow pilgrims and the sheer holiness of the place. Daily boats to the Island run from 10.30 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. 7 days a week until the 13th of August. No booking necessary. For further information contact Maureen or Sharon 071 9861518 or email: email@example.com
New Irish Catechism for Adults published by Veritas Price €25
available in Parish Office
- Youth 2000 Summer Festival Cistercian College Roscrea Co Tipperary 14th-17th August
For young people aged 16-35, an opportunity not to be missed to experience the Catholic faith and meet many new people. This Festival has been nicknamed the “ Holy Oxygen” with over 1000 young people from all corners of Ireland attending last year. The festival is donation only. Free buses available from towns throughout Ireland for more information and to book online see www.youth2000.ie or phone 01 6753690
Next Baptismal Course will take place on Monday 28th July at 8pm in Room 1 of the pastoral centre for the parents of all babies who will be baptised here during August 2014.
Starting from January 2014 anyone wishing to book a christening should come along to Room 1 in the Parish Centre on the 1st & 3rd Sunday of each month at 11.30am to meet with one of our Baptism Team to arrange your christening
Order of the Knights of Columbanus
“Are you a person who would like to make a difference by joining Catholic laymen with a like mind and heart who are endeavouring to uphold Christian Values in our society, by undertaking works such as helping those marginalised? To find out more please join us at one of our Information meetings after 7.30 p.m. First Friday Mass in our Oratory in Ely House, 7/8 Ely Place Dublin 2 (near St Stephens Green). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Development Officer for the Dublin area or email: email@example.com or (087 2314580)”
The Courtyard Café Located in the Parish Centre all produce homemade
on premises. We are delighted to announce our Parish Café is now open again on Sunday mornings after all our Masses we hope you will drop in and support them. They will be open as normal from Monday to Friday from 8am to 3pm
The Local branch of Meals on Wheels need drivers if you can spare approx one hour one day per week phone Nora at 4907269 or 085 1660502
- Patients in need of transport to and from their chemotherapy treatments (inc. bloods, consultant appointments, follow-ups, etc.) can avail of ‘Care to Drive’ - a free transport service to the following hospitals – St. Vincent’s; St. James’s; the Mater; Tallaght; Blanchardstown. Contact your hospital team or the Irish Cancer Society on 01 2310566 for more details
Internet help for Seniors on Tuesday mornings in St Judes GAA club at 10.30a.m. Must have your own laptop
- Divine Mercy Holy Hour takes place each Tuesday from 3pm to 4pm
Due to Easter events the next Monday evening adoration will take place on Monday 28th April from 7pm to 9pm
- Please note that there is Sunday Evening Mass in our neighboring parishes as follows Mount Argus 4pm, Greenhills 5.30pm, Knocklyon 7pm and Crumlin 7pm.
Please note a change to the Sunday Mass Times in St Pius X Church starting on Sunday 5th January 2014. Saturday Vigil: 7 PM Sunday: 9.30 AM and 11.30 AM
For Life- Passive Chair Exercise Classes Every Tuesday 11am to 12pm in Parish Centre cost €2.50 per week come along and bring your friends & meet new friends and get fit
Art Classes in Parish Centre
Watercolours & Oils. Phone Maureen for more information 4902899
- Beginner Violin Lessons - Adults & Children age 5+
Qualified & Experienced Teacher (Garda Vetted)
Available to come to you home. Contact Nicola 086-8602725
- Dominican Retreat Centre Tallaght Village
Meditation, Mindfulness,Advent Retreat, Zen, etc.Contact 4048189 /4048123
- Home Instead Senior Care have been providing a flexible range of home care services like housekeeping, meal preparation, personal care, into the homes of seniors in this area for the last 7 years. To find out how we can help your loved ones stay happy and live independently at home for longer than otherwise possible, contact local office on 01-4241945
- Arthritis Ireland:
Invite you to join in their weekly walks every Monday Morning at 10.30am with Carmel meet at Tymon Park Gate beside Faughs GAA club phone 087-2616798 for more information.
Learn how to improve your health & overall well being with Arthritis Ireland
- Used Stamps: The collection of used stamps is an on-going project with the Holy Rosary Missionary Sisters.
A big Thank You for all the stamps that have been donated in the past you can leave your stamps into the parish office
- DIG – Dublin Inclusive Group – Group meeting now in Perrystown Community Centre – Limekiln Lane. DIG is a group for parents and carers of children/dependants on the Sprectrum – Asperger’s, ASD,ADD, ADHD, PDD- NOS… We meet in Perrystown Community Centre on the First Tuesday of each month from 10am to 12pm phone 086 406682 for more information
St Jude’s Parish Choir sing at our 10.30am Mass each Sunday if you are interested in joining please contact our Organist & Choir Director Judit after the 10.30am Mass any Sunday during September Or phone Judit at 087-6902220
CROSSCARE have asked us to be aware of individuals contacting parishes claiming to represent a British charity, "The Forrester Fund for Children". Upon closer inspection their contact numbers do not work and their address appears to be incorrect. All parishes are asked to be aware of requests coming from charitable organisations
- Mass bookings:
All Mass bookings are now taken in the Parish Office if you wish to book a Mass please call into the parish office, for anniversary Masses please call into the office at least 2-3 weeks prior to anniversary to ensure that the date and time you require is available.
All notices including requests for names to be included on Anniversary list & newsletter must be emailed or dropped into the parish office no later than 1pm on Thursday for inclusion in that weekends call out list and newsletter. Please refrain from leaving notes in Safe in Church or under door of sacristy requesting names to be read out Parish Office is open Monday – Friday from 8.30am to 1pm and after all Masses on Sunday morning phone 01-4600127 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cheeverstown House Volunteers needed. Could you give a few hours once a month to help us maintain the gardens within our community house? No experience necessary, working together as part of a team. If you are interested in finding out more please contact Gerry O’Connor at 01-4993700 or email : email@example.com
- Cards - Cards for all occasions now available in Parish Office. Also Confirmation cards and religious objects available
Click here for:Initial response by the Irish Catholic Bishops' Conference to the Report of the Expert Group on the Judgement in A,B and C v Ireland
Click here for:Catholic Bishops of Ireland ‘A time to uphold the right to life’ issued 11th June 2013
All of this news and more can be found in out weekly Parish Newsletter.
Return to Top
Click on logo above to download latest
Dublin Diocesan e-Good News
- AWARE - Volunteer Recruitment is now open for our Dublin-based loCall helpline listening service currently supported Monday – Sunday from 10.00am to 10.00 pm. We are particularly interested in people who can volunteer for Monday to Friday, 10.00 am to 7.00pm. Full details and application forms are available from our website www.aware.ie or contact us on 01-6617211
- An tAifreann Naofa: A bilingual booklet (Irish & English) and CD with updated texts of Masses, produced by An Coiste Tréadach is now available to purchase. It ’ s a practical aid in the celebration of Mass in Irish. Enquiries/Orders: Glór na Gael: 046-9487573. Website: www.udar.ie Veritas: 01-8788177. A copy is available free of charge to all priests of the Dublin Diocese by contacting an Coiste Tréadach directly at email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fr. Pádraig O’Cochlain at 086 2648046
- www.sacredspace.ie is online prayer site run by the Irish Jesuits for you, your family, your students, your prayer group, your colleagues at work. All it takes is ten minutes a day in front of your PC, or smartphone for a guided personal reflection centered on a new passage of scripture each day. The aim of the site is to help you find time for peace and reflection in the middle of the hustle and bustle of daily life. What better commitment to your Year of Faith than to deepen your relationship with God in your life. Why not start this November and use our Chapel of Remembrance to make a special prayer for a loved one
- Request for Overseas Volunteers: Viatores Christi, a Catholic association, founded in 1960, recruits, trains and places people with skills and life
experience in roles with our mission partners in areas of need overseas. We are currently seeking people over the age of 21 (retired people especially welcome)
who are interested in overseas volunteering. We offer a comprehensive training programme to help you discern whether overseas volunteering is for you and
full support before, during and after your placement if you do decide to go overseas. For further information, please visit our website www.viatoreschristi.com or email Colette at email@example.com Tel. 01-868 9986
- Third Age - Senior Help Line: Senior Help Line is a confidential listening service for older people provided by trained older volunteers for the price of a local call anywhere in Ireland, LoCall 1850 440 444. ‘Senior Help Line’s trained older volunteers offer a friendly, listening and non-judgmental ear to all callers. So don't be alone with your problem. Lifting the phone lessens the loneliness. We will be waiting for your call. LoCall 1850 440 444
- B.E. Beginning Experience: B.E. is a support group for those coping with the pain of loss of their life partner, through death, separation or divorce. This is a healing ministry, which helps to resolve the grief that goes with the end of a marriage or relationship. Coping effectively with bereavement is a skill we can all learn. For further information phone 01 6790556 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Courses at All Hallows: The Pathways Course: Have you ever thought about exploring your faith? Or wished that you could broaden your understanding of your faith?
Perhaps you are feeling challenged by questions your children or grandchildren are asking about God and the meaning of faith for which you feel you have ‘no answers’.
Perhaps you are feeling challenged by all that is happening in the Irish Church right now. If so, Pathways may be the course for you. Pathways is a course for adults who wish to explore their faith. There are no exams on this course, no written work. The only qualification is an openness to listening to others.
For more information please phone 01 8373745 or email us at email@example.com
- Apostolic Work: Apostolic Work helps the world wide missionary endeavour through prayer and provision of material aid (gifts/finance) to missionary priests, nuns and lay missionaries. We are currently looking for Volunteers who can sew and feel they can contribute to our mission. For further details contact: Mary O’Reilly, 25A The Stiles Road, Clontarf, Dublin 3. Tel. 8338556. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- CURA: Crisis Pregnancy Support Services. Talk to us, we listen. Our Dublin branches include, City Centre-30 South Anne Street, Dublin 2;Blanchardstown- CrossCare, Main Street, Blanchardstown; Tallaght-TWS House, 1-2 Main Street, Tallaght. For further details contact:
Telephone - 01 6710598 or see www.cura.ie
- 1Life: Irelands only 24-hour suicide prevention and intervention, helpline and text message service. Check out their website below
Email email@example.com Website www.1life.ie Facebook www.facebook.com/1LifeIreland.com
- APOSTOLIC WORK: (Dublin Centre) (under the patronage of His Grace, the Archbishop of Dublin): Apostolic Work are currently putting together Mass Kits for the Third World, Uganda in particular. They are looking for sewers or stitchers to join them in their work. If you feel you have the sewing skills required and would like to help them achieve their goal please call Mary O Reilly on 086 8891236
- ARC Cancer Support is a voluntary organisation which offers free, professional support to men and women affected by cancer and those who care for them. Can you volunteer your time to help with once off/regular fundraising activities such as database maintenance, planning of events, obtaining sponsors, etc. Please call Deirdre or Maura at 01 830 7333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- IRISH HOSPICE FOUNDATION: The Irish Hospice Foundation supports the development of hospice care and promotes the hospice philosophy. Our aim is to facilitate the practice of hospice care in all its aspects. We do this by working independently as well as in partnership with the statutory,
voluntary and professional bodies concerned with hospice and palliative care in Ireland.
For full details on all courses see the course database on their website at www.hospice-foundation.ie
- Clothes Collections: Please remind parishioners that there are several leaflets being dropped into homes, purporting to be genuine charitable clothes collections, which may be bogus. Recently one was circulated claiming to be involved with local Churches – but when we checked out the telephone numbers given on them, none was in operation. Well known Irish Charities, such as Enable Ireland and the Irish Cancer Society,
who leave bags for collection always use valid phone numbers and charity numbers. Established charities, including the Vincent de Paul rely on clothes collections for vital income and are being significantly affected by the bogus collections
- The Catholic Communications Office circulated information promoting the Church’s position on unborn human life Click here to view
Return to Top
||Spirit Radio on Dublin 89.9 New Christian Radio Station why not tune in and take a listen or check them out on www.spiritradio.ie
The Pastoral letter of the Holy Father Pope Benedict XVI to the Catholics of Ireland can be downloaded here