Gracious God, your
Son Jesus Christ
gave us the confidence
to call you Father. We believe you care for
us. We believe also
in the communion
of saints. With
confidence we ask
St. Jude, patron of
difficult cases, to pray
with us, for our
Thank you, God,
for hearing our prayer.
Welcome to the website of the parish of St. Jude the Apostle, Templeogue in Dublin Ireland. This parish is made up of over 2,500 homes from the estates of Orwell Park, Willington, Wellington Road, Cypress Downs, Glendown, Rossmore, Templeogue Wood, Templeogue Lodge, Rushbrook, Kennington, Wilderwood, Osprey, Kilvere and Domville.
Mass times for St Judes Parish are as follows:
- Sunday: 10.00am (Choir) & 11.30am ( Organ & Cantor/ Family Mass monthly)
Space There is Sunday Evening Mass in our neighboring parishes. See note below
- Saturday: 10.00am and 6.30pm (Folk group every 2nd week)
- Weekdays: 9.30am
- Holy Days: 9.30am, 11.00am and 7.30pm
- Bank Holiday: There will be just one Mass at 10.00am and no Evening Adoration
Please note there is Sunday Evening Mass in our neighboring parishes as follows : Mount Argus 4pm, Greenhills 5.30pm, Knocklyon 7pm and Crumlin 7pm.
Sunday Mass Times in St Pius X Church:Saturday Vigil: 7pm Sunday: 9.30am and 11.30am
"Building peace is difficult, but living without peace is a constant torment."
Taize Mass normally takes place here on the last Sunday each month at 7.30pm from September to May.
Please use the Rossmore Entrance.
Our First Taize Mass after the Summer Break Sunday 25th September 7.30pm Celebrant Fr Damian Farnon
Click here to goto Taize page
All are welcome
Go to the dedicated page for the Lectio Divina group by clicking here
Click here for Sunday's (25th September) Lectio Reflection or
Click here to goto the Lectio Reflection archive
Today's Mass readings
Thought for Today
Sunday's Mass Readings
Parish Safeguarding & Child Protection Policy
Today I can complain because the weather is rainy,
or I can be thankful that the grass is getting watered for free.
Today I can grumble about my health,
or I can rejoice that I am alive.
Today I can whine because I have to go to work,
or I can shout for joy because I have ajob to do.
Today I can murmur because I have to go to school,
or eagerly open my mind and fill it with rich new bits of knowledge.
Today I can lament over all that my
parents didn’t give me when I was growing up,
or I can feel grateful that they allowed me to be born.
Today I can cry because roses have thorns,
or I can celebrate that thorns have roses.
Today stretches ahead of me, waiting to be shaped.
And here I am, the sculptor who gets to do the shaping.
What today will be like is, with God’s help, up to me.
- From Divine Word Missionaries Leaflet
|Click here for this week's newsletter or
Click here to go to the newsletter archive
- NOTICES FOR NEWSLETTER - Please email or drop your requests for inclusion in weekly newsletter to parish office no later than 1pm on Thursdays. Parish Office closed Bank Holiday Monday
- Mass bookings:
All Mass bookings are now taken in the Parish Office if you wish to book a Mass please call into the parish office, for anniversary Masses please call into the office at least 2-3 weeks prior to anniversary to ensure that the date is available
- Parish Pastoral Council
In this “Year of Mercy” our Parish has decided to support the Morning Star and Regina Coeli Hostels as a corporal work of Mercy. The P.P.C are organising a Table Quiz as our main fundraising event – details to follow. We would also like to ask parishioners to consider hosting a coffee
morning/evening in your homes and to donate funds raised to this very worthy cause. All donations will be gratefully accepted
- On this Safeguarding Sunday, the Parish Pastoral Council wishes to reassure parishioners that this parish fully adheres to, and complies with, all safeguarding guidelines laid down by the Archdiocese of Dublin. We would urge all parents to encourage their children to participate in
Liturgies and Masses
Sincere thanks to all who supported Crosscares annual collection last weekend which came to €3300
- Meeting for Extraordinary Ministers of the Eucharist Wednesday 28th September at 7.30pm in Room 1 Parish Centre. All ministers are asked to attend. Please let Roisin Cassidy know if you can attend or not by Sunday 25th September
The Cosy Corner Cafe located in church grounds Open Monday to Friday for Breakfast Lunch & Snacks why not drop in and sample thier delicious home baked treats.
Opening Hours Monday to Friday 8.30am to 3.00pm reopening on Sundays from this Sunday 4th September 9.30am to 2.00pm for breakfast and home baked treats
facebook: facebook.com/cosycornercafe Phone no 087 4324113 Email email@example.com
- Report from Our representative at the World Youth Day in Krakow click here
Our Family Mass take place on Sundays at 11.30am. We invite parents with young children to join us for our Family Mass. Our next Family Mass take place on 25th September. We especailly invite parents with young families to join us
Family Mass for dates can be viewed here
Internet help for Seniors on Tuesday mornings in St Judes GAA club at 10.30a.m. Must have your own laptop. If you want your family history data in beautiful chart form contact the mens shed on Tuesday mornings in St Jude's GAA Club where one of our members will do it for you
- THE FITNESS LEAGUE, effective low impact exercise classes for women to music. A terrific combination in a friendly sociable atmosphere. New members may join at anytime. Classes resume Wednesday 21st September at 11.30 am in The Scout Den, Templeogue Wood. Enquiries Judy 087 8121846
- Activities returning to Parish Centre during September
PILATES ROOM RETURNS Monday 5th September & Wednesday 7th September
Monday 7-8PM PILATES LEVEL 3
Wednesday 9.45AM PILATES THERAPY AND MINDFULLNESS
Wednesday 7-8PM PILATES LEVEL 1-2
Wednesday 8-9PM YOGA TUNE UP
6 week course €75/€15 drop in. To book just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or text 087 4169739
Tuesday 6th September 11-12pm Passive Chair Exercise returns in Parish Hall all are welcome
Wednesday 7th September–Liturgy Group meet each week to explore the Sunday Readings Room 1 at 10am all are welcome
Thursday 10.00 to 11.15am Toddlers World fun activities for children aged 4mths to 4 years parents and grandparents come along with toddlers to join in fun & meet new friends
Thursday Yoga for Beginners 7-8pm Hall phone Aine 087 9220390 or email email@example.com
Active Age group meet each Tuesday & Thursday 2pm -4pm for Indoor Bowls new members always welcome come along any Tuesday or Thursday
Monday 19th September – 10.00-11.30am Knit & Natter room 1 come along and meet new friends. Beginners are very welcome. Please bring along your own wool & needles
Art Classes will resume later in September on Wednesday from 2 to 4pm phone Maureen to register 4902899
The Swamp Youth Club is starting a new club year on Tuesday 6th September from 7:30 to 9:30pm in St.Michael's House, Templeogue. We invite young people aged 14-18 to come along and join us!
The small GIANTS club for 12-14 year olds will be hosting a registration evening in St. Michael's House on Tuesday 6th September with club nights commencing on Tuesday 13th September from 6:30 to 8:00pm.
The Young Einsteins club for 10-12 year olds will also be hosting a registration evening in St. Michael's House on Tuesday 6th of September. This club runs on Thursday evenings from 7:00 to 8:30pm.
The Youth Clubs are all affiliated with the national youth organisation Foroige and provide a safe environment for young people to come together, have fun and learn new skills. For more information please contact:
Katie from The Swamp on 086 3635717
Muriel from The small GIANTS on 085 8311144
Andrew from The Young Einsteins on 085 1169382
- Legion of Mary Year of Mercy
Pilgrimage to Knock Sunday 25th September coach departs from Bus Stop Firhouse Road. Near Blue Haven Pub at 8am Adults 20.00 euro Children 12.00 euro includes refreshments on way down to book phone Marie 4905925 or Catherine 086 1254845 booking essential
Next Baptismal Course will take place on Monday 26th September at 8pm in Room 1 of the Pastoral Centre for the parents of all babies who will be baptised here during October 2016. Anyone wishing to book a christening should come along to Room 1 in the Parish Centre on the 1st & 3rd Sunday of each month between 11.00am and 11.30am to meet with one of our Baptism Team to arrange your christening. At least one of the parents must be present to make a booking
- Evening of Healing Join Fr. Pat Collins on Wednesday
28th September when he leads a service of healing prayer in Holy Spirit Church, Greenhills. Beginning with Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament at 7.30pm – there will be prayer for different types of healing, body, mind and spirit. Music will be provided by the Shekinah Group. All are most welcome!
- Life in the Spirit Seminars in Greenhills Parish: A seven night programme beginning at 7.30pm on Wednesday 19 October and continuing each Wednesday until Wednesday November 30th.
Venue: Greenhills Parish Pastoral Centre, Dublin 12
Speakers: Fr Conor McGee: Ronan Johnson: Patricia Mitchell: Barbara O’Toole: Fr Pat Collins CM: Sr Jane Forde and Gerry Moore …..all welcome
- UCD Access and Lifelong Learning invites you to an information session on Wednesday, 28th September @ 6.30 in St. Agnes Parish Centre . We are looking for parents / guardians from Dublin 12 who are interested in learning more about accessing college and college supports and becoming peer leaders for other parents in Dublin 12. All are welcome. We also invite you to visit our website www.ucd.ie/all
- Many thanks for your support last weekend to
1st Collection € na 2nd Collection for Share € na Weekly Family Offering € na
- Weekly Activities classes here in St Jude’s Pastoral Centre
Our Active Age group meet each Tuesday & Thursday for indoor Bowling from 2pm to 4pm new members always welcome drop in any time on Tuesday or Thursday afternoons to have a chat with one of the group
Passive Chair Exercises Classes have resumed on Tuesday mornings from 11.00am & 12pm all are welcome drop in any Tuesday or contact Ann at 087 9666562
Our Art Classes resume from 2pm to 4pm New members especially welcome for further information and to book a place please phone Maureen at 4902899
Christian Meditation Group meetings on Tuesdays in Room 3 Parish Centre at 8pm all are welcome to attend
As part of the new initiative of St Judes Men's Shed, internet help for seniors is available on Tuesday mornings in the clubhouse from 10:00am. Ring Joan for information 0868036703
“ 25 CARDS” Game of 25 every Thursday night St Judes GAA Club entrance fee €5 be there for 9pm Game starts at 9.30pm
The Swamp Youth Club is a dedicated
weekly youth club for teenagers aged
13-18 taking place in St Michael’s House
every Tuesday from 19.30 to 21.30. See notice in Church Porch for full details
or contact Katie on 086 3635717 or
- Can you Sing or play a musical
Our Folk Group , Parish
Choir & Taize groups are
all seeking new members.
As Music is such a integral part of the Mass please think about joining one of our music groups to help them to keep their numbers up & enable them to continue to enhance our liturgies here in St Jude’s
Our Folk group are
looking for Singers and
Musicians to sing/play at
our Saturday evening Mass at
6.30pm every second Saturday if
you are interested please contact
Geraldine at 086-2408912
Our Taize group are also looking for new members they sing at monthly Taize Mass on last Sunday of each month from September to April please contact Kay at 087 2454640 1st Taize Mass for this Year September 28th at 7.30pm
Our Parish choir are looking for singers to sing at our 10.00am Mass each Sunday morning please contact Judit at 087 6902220 or speak to her after Mass on Sunday morning
The Local branch of Meals on Wheels need drivers if you can spare approx one hour one day per week phone Nora at 4907269 or 085 1660502
- Divine Mercy Holy Hour takes place each Tuesday from 3pm to 4pm
Dyspraxia Association of Ireland : Southside Support Group meet on 1st Wednesday of each month in Perrystowns Community Centre Limekiln from 7.30pm to 9.15pm.
Tea/ Coffee served Donation of €5 (if you can) enquires to Geraldine 085 1438991 or Carla 086 2386653
Beginner Violin Lessons - Adults & Children age 5+
Qualified & Experienced Teacher (Garda Vetted)
Available to come to you home. Contact Nicola 086-8602725
Dominican Retreat Centre Tallaght Village
Meditation, Mindfulness,Advent Retreat, Zen, etc.Contact 4048189 /4048123
Home Instead Senior Care have been providing a flexible range of home care services like housekeeping, meal preparation, personal care, into the homes of seniors in this area for the last 7 years. To find out how we can help your loved ones stay happy and live independently at home for longer than otherwise possible, contact local office on 01-4241945
Invite you to join in their weekly walks every Monday Morning at 10.30am with Carmel meet at Tymon Park Gate beside Faughs GAA club phone 087-2616798 for more information.
Learn how to improve your health & overall well being with Arthritis Ireland
Used Stamps: The collection of used stamps is an on-going project with the Holy Rosary Missionary Sisters.
A big Thank You for all the stamps that have been donated in the past you can leave your stamps into the parish office
DIG – Dublin Inclusive Group – Group meeting now in Perrystown Community Centre – Limekiln Lane. DIG is a group for parents and carers of children/dependants on the Sprectrum – Asperger’s, ASD,ADD, ADHD, PDD- NOS… We meet in Perrystown Community Centre on the First Tuesday of each month from 10am to 12pm phone 086 406682 for more information
St Jude’s Parish Choir sing at our 10.30am Mass each Sunday if you are interested in joining please contact our Organist & Choir Director Judit after the 10.30am Mass any Sunday during September Or phone Judit at 087-6902220
CROSSCARE have asked us to be aware of individuals contacting parishes claiming to represent a British charity, "The Forrester Fund for Children". Upon closer inspection their contact numbers do not work and their address appears to be incorrect. All parishes are asked to be aware of requests coming from charitable organisations
Please refrain from leaving notes in Safe in Church or under door of sacristy requesting names to be read out Parish Office is open Monday – Friday from 8.30am to 1pm and after all Masses on Sunday morning phone 01-4600127 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cheeverstown House Volunteers needed. Could you give a few hours once a month to help us maintain the gardens within our community house? No experience necessary, working together as part of a team. If you are interested in finding out more please contact Gerry O’Connor at 01-4993700 or email : email@example.com
Cards - Cards for all occasions now available in Parish Office. Also Confirmation cards and religious objects available
Return to Top
Click on logo above to download latest
Dublin Diocesan e-Good News
- An tAifreann Naofa: A bilingual booklet (Irish & English) and CD with updated texts of Masses, produced by An Coiste Tréadach is now available to purchase. It ’ s a practical aid in the celebration of Mass in Irish. Enquiries/Orders: Glór na Gael: 046-9487573. Website: www.udar.ie Veritas: 01-8788177. A copy is available free of charge to all priests of the Dublin Diocese by contacting an Coiste Tréadach directly at email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fr. Pádraig O’Cochlain at 086 2648046
- Advent Reflections at Focolare : The Focolare Movement is an international ecumenical lay ecclesial movement. We will be hosting a series of Tuesday evening Advent Reflections at our base at 20 Ramleh Close, Dublin 6 for 4 Tuesday evenings 8.00-9.30pm . The meetings will begin on Tuesday 27th November . All are Welcome to attend, refreshments afterwards
- www.sacredspace.ie is online prayer site run by the Irish Jesuits for you, your family, your students, your prayer group, your colleagues at work. All it takes is ten minutes a day in front of your PC, or smartphone for a guided personal reflection centered on a new passage of scripture each day. The aim of the site is to help you find time for peace and reflection in the middle of the hustle and bustle of daily life. What better commitment to your Year of Faith than to deepen your relationship with God in your life. Why not start this November and use our Chapel of Remembrance to make a special prayer for a loved one
- Request for Overseas Volunteers: Viatores Christi, a Catholic association, founded in 1960, recruits, trains and places people with skills and life
experience in roles with our mission partners in areas of need overseas. We are currently seeking people over the age of 21 (retired people especially welcome)
who are interested in overseas volunteering. We offer a comprehensive training programme to help you discern whether overseas volunteering is for you and
full support before, during and after your placement if you do decide to go overseas. For further information, please visit our website www.viatoreschristi.com or email Colette at email@example.com Tel. 01-868 9986
- Third Age - Senior Help Line: Senior Help Line is a confidential listening service for older people provided by trained older volunteers for the price of a local call anywhere in Ireland, LoCall 1850 440 444. ‘Senior Help Line’s trained older volunteers offer a friendly, listening and non-judgmental ear to all callers. So don't be alone with your problem. Lifting the phone lessens the loneliness. We will be waiting for your call. LoCall 1850 440 444
- B.E. Beginning Experience: B.E. is a support group for those coping with the pain of loss of their life partner, through death, separation or divorce. This is a healing ministry, which helps to resolve the grief that goes with the end of a marriage or relationship. Coping effectively with bereavement is a skill we can all learn. For further information phone 01 6790556 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Courses at All Hallows: The Pathways Course: Have you ever thought about exploring your faith? Or wished that you could broaden your understanding of your faith?
Perhaps you are feeling challenged by questions your children or grandchildren are asking about God and the meaning of faith for which you feel you have ‘no answers’.
Perhaps you are feeling challenged by all that is happening in the Irish Church right now. If so, Pathways may be the course for you. Pathways is a course for adults who wish to explore their faith. There are no exams on this course, no written work. The only qualification is an openness to listening to others.
For more information please phone 01 8373745 or email us at email@example.com
- Apostolic Work: Apostolic Work helps the world wide missionary endeavour through prayer and provision of material aid (gifts/finance) to missionary priests, nuns and lay missionaries. We are currently looking for Volunteers who can sew and feel they can contribute to our mission. For further details contact: Mary O’Reilly, 25A The Stiles Road, Clontarf, Dublin 3. Tel. 8338556. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- CURA: Crisis Pregnancy Support Services. Talk to us, we listen. Our Dublin branches include, City Centre-30 South Anne Street, Dublin 2;Blanchardstown- CrossCare, Main Street, Blanchardstown; Tallaght-TWS House, 1-2 Main Street, Tallaght. For further details contact:
Telephone - 01 6710598 or see www.cura.ie
- 1Life: Irelands only 24-hour suicide prevention and intervention, helpline and text message service. Check out their website below
Email email@example.com. Website www.1life.ie. Facebook www.facebook.com/1LifeIreland
- APOSTOLIC WORK: (Dublin Centre) (under the patronage of His Grace, the Archbishop of Dublin): Apostolic Work are currently putting together Mass Kits for the Third World, Uganda in particular. They are looking for sewers or stitchers to join them in their work. If you feel you have the sewing skills required and would like to help them achieve their goal please call Mary O Reilly on 086 8891236
- ARC Cancer Support is a voluntary organisation which offers free, professional support to men and women affected by cancer and those who care for them. Can you volunteer your time to help with once off/regular fundraising activities such as database maintenance, planning of events, obtaining sponsors, etc. Please call Deirdre or Maura at 01 830 7333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- IRISH HOSPICE FOUNDATION: The Irish Hospice Foundation supports the development of hospice care and promotes the hospice philosophy. Our aim is to facilitate the practice of hospice care in all its aspects. We do this by working independently as well as in partnership with the statutory,
voluntary and professional bodies concerned with hospice and palliative care in Ireland.
For full details on all courses see the course database on their website at www.hospice-foundation.ie
- Clothes Collections: Please remind parishioners that there are several leaflets being dropped into homes, purporting to be genuine charitable clothes collections, which may be bogus. Recently one was circulated claiming to be involved with local Churches – but when we checked out the telephone numbers given on them, none was in operation. Well known Irish Charities, such as Enable Ireland and the Irish Cancer Society,
who leave bags for collection always use valid phone numbers and charity numbers. Established charities, including the Vincent de Paul rely on clothes collections for vital income and are being significantly affected by the bogus collections
Return to Top
||Spirit Radio on Dublin 89.9 New Christian Radio Station why not tune in and take a listen or check them out on www.spiritradio.ie
The Pastoral letter of the Holy Father Pope Benedict XVI to the Catholics of Ireland can be downloaded here