Gracious God, your
Son Jesus Christ
gave us the confidence
to call you Father. We believe you care for
us. We believe also
in the communion
of saints. With
confidence we ask
St. Jude, patron of
difficult cases, to pray
with us, for our
Thank you, God,
for hearing our prayer.
Dear Parishioner ,
Welcome to our parish website and if you are new to the area, welcome to our parish. You may come from further afield and simply want to know something about St. Jude the Apostle Parish – I hope that your visit will transform distance into friendship.
Our parishioners come from all over Ireland and beyond. We are comprised of young and not so young, working and retired people and children growing up who share a common love of God and each other. Please browse our site and feel welcome to drop into our beautiful church at any time to say a prayer or light a candle or join our parish family for Mass.
You can also tune in and watch our ceremonies live through the magic of the internet, which when you think of it is really what a parish is all about. A group of individuals combining talents and knowledge for the greater good and as the Jesuits would say, the Glory of God.
With best wishes:Fr. Brendan Madden P.P.
This parish is made up of over 2,500 homes from the estates of Orwell Park, Willington, Wellington Road, Cypress Downs, Glendown, Rossmore, Templeogue Wood, Templeogue Lodge, Rushbrook, Kennington, Wilderwood, Osprey, Kilvere and Domville.
Click here for Archbishop Farrell's Clarification on Church Openings
Masses and Ceremonies Streamed Here in St. Jude The Apostle During Covid-19
Monday to Friday at 9.30am
Saturday Vigil 6:30pm & Sunday at 10.00am & 12:00pm
Holy Days Mass at 09:30am & 7:30pm
Saturday no Morning Mass - Prayer Service at 10:00am
no Morning Mass - Prayer Service at 10:00am
New Government guidelines on return to Mass will come into effect from May 10th We are allowed to have 2 pods of 45 with social distancing in place.
Under these new guidelines we have decided to do away with the Monday to Friday tickets and will allow the 1st 90 people to come along each day we hope this will allow as many of you who wish to come to mass at least one day a week to do so we would ask that you do not start queuing outside doors before 9.15 as we will have to sanitise church each morning before you come in and after you leave. We ask for your co-operation in moving up to the front and filling the seats designated for you to sit on. We would also hope that people will not come early just to get in every day leaving no spaces for others Please do as the stewards ask you the church doors will close once, we are at 90 each day which is our capacity
Please note there is no public Adoration on either Saturdays, Sundays or
Public Holidays at present
As no collections are possible at this time there is an on-line payment facility via paypal. Click on “Donate” button
Click here for Pope's daily Prayer to St Joseph
Click here for Year of St Joseph Prayer
An Act of Spiritual Communion
"Don't think in the past. The only thing that matters is the everlasting present ."
- W. Somerset Maugham
Rosaries Fr Brendan Uses with
Fr Kevin & Dana.
Glorious Mysteries - Wednesday & Sunday
Joyful Mysteries - Monday & Saturday
Luminous Mysteries - Thursday
Sorrowful Mysteries - Tuesday & Friday
Go to the dedicated page for the Lectio Divina group by clicking here
Click here for Sunday's (13th June) Lectio Reflection or
Click here to goto the Lectio Reflection archive
Today's Mass readings or Universalis
Thought for Today
Sunday's Mass Readings
St Jude's Novena Prayers
Inspirational Thoughts / Prayers
Miraculous Medal Novena Prayers
Click here for this week's newsletter or
Click here to go to the newsletter archive
There will be no Taize Masses here until further notice
. Click here
to goto Taize page
Please be advised the use of Face Masks in Church at all times is mandatory for all Adults over 12 as advised by all Church Leaders unless you have a medical condition exempting you from wearing a Mask then the wearing of a face shield is recommended
Sincere thanks to all who have returned your Easter Dues and the Tax Forms we are not able to post out individual acknowledgments at this time but if anyone requires a receipt let me know and I will be happy to send you on one
Weekend Masses: We will go back to drawing out names for weekend masses as we have more than 90 looking to come to each Mass priority will be given to those who have months minds and 1st anniversaries booked already so if you have a mass booked for May or June please let me know if you wish to reserve spaces at any of the masses you have booked if you can send your requests by email to firstname.lastname@example.org we will do our best to accommodate your requests looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible over the next few weeks.
If you wish to register to go on the lists for our weekend masses please send email with contact number and mass time you wish to attend. If you were on our lists before you do not have to register again. You will receive a text or phone call on the Friday if you are drawn to come to any of our weekend masses
Requests for candles to be lit at mass: As the church is open from 10th for you to attend mass we would ask that if possible you come in and light candles yourself so that the mass will just be offered for those who have booked masses
Christenings – As advised by Archbishop Farrell no christenings are permitted to take place at the moment if you wish to go on the waiting list please email email@example.com and we will be in touch with you as soon as we have new dates
Calling all budding Gardeners: Our Environmental Group of volunteers who look after the Church Grounds are looking for some new members if you have a few hours spare to come along and give them a hand one day during the week and the odd Saturday can you email Catherine at parish office with your name and contact number at firstname.lastname@example.org and one of the group will get back to you. Any help will be greatly appreciated
Cosy Corner Café:. They are delighted to be back. From Tuesdays to Saturdays in June they will have outside tables for dining and a full take away service. Please see their Facebook page for full details. Support them if you can.
Koins for Kids wish to acknowledge with grateful thanks the sum of €3227.77 donated in Euro Coin so far plus quite a lot of foreign coin and notes if you have any small coin or old foreign currency lying around and are looking for a home for it please drop into Parish Office and we will be delighted to pass it on to Koins for Kids who are trying to raise enough money to purchase a Paediatric MRI Scanner for the New Children’s Hospital no donation to small . Check them out on www.koinsforkids.ie
The Local Conference of the St Vincent De Paul Society acknowledges with thanks your continued support to them. Amount Donated during May was €1005.00. You can still leave your donations in safe at back of church. we ask if you can to use the Blue envelopes on tables in Church for your donations and place envelopes in Safe at back of Church there are more demands than ever on the Society for help at this time of pandemic so any help would be appreciated
- THEOLOGY OPEN DAY – PRIORY INSTITUTE:Online Theology Open Day, is this for you? The Priory Institute provides online Theology courses to degree level. Attend Saturday lectures in Tallaght or from the comfort of your own home. Click here or email email@example.com to find out more about our Online Open Day on Saturday 19 June. This is the link to register for the Online Open Day https://prioryinstitute.com/events/priory-institute-open-day
- Standing Orders – increasing amounts – Some of you have increased the amount you were donating or started new standing order but we are struggling to identify where some of the amounts are coming in from as you have not put your name in correct field. If you have increased or started a new standing order since January you might send me an email with the new amount and your name so we can allocate the correct amounts. Sincere thanks to all who continue to support the parish with your standing orders it is a great help to the upkeep of the parish and in claiming the tax back on your donations firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please be extra careful if you are in the Church to wipe down seats and anything you touch and not to gather around talking in groups. Stay Safe and hopefully, we will all be able to gather for worship again very soon
- First and Second Collections: There are now envelopes on tables in church to allow you to contribute to the 1st & 2nd Collections if you use these envelopes and put your address on them we can register these contributions and claim the tax back on these contributions through the CHY tax reclaim scheme so thank you in advance.
Thank you also to those who have made contributions to the First Collection and Share Collection.
The Common Fund, which is supported by the First Collection and Dues Collections is now on the verge of collapse and a 25% income cut with immediate effect has now been implemented for all the Priests of the Diocese. If you haven't yet made your donations we ask you to please consider doing so
- Recordings of Daily & Weekend Masses are now available from our Webcam so if you miss any of our Masses you can view them later just click on recordings on our website or on churhmedia.tv
Saturday Morning Prayer at 10.00 We will have morning prayer each Saturday after which Church will open at approx 11am for private prayer and adoration
- Jigsaw Offering younger people going through a hard time, or for those worried about a young person in your life. www.jigsaw.ie or https://www.jigsaw.ie/newsandevents/post/covid-19-what-were-doing
- Radio Maria Ireland: Mass is broadcast daily at 10.00am and on Sunday at 10.00am and 11.00am. Listen on Saorview ch210 on App “Radio Maria Ireland” Internet https://www.radiomaria.ie/ and on Facebook “Listen Live Radio” Mass also on EWTN each day if you have access to it on your tv's
RTE will broadcast Daily Mass each day at 10.30am for those of you who don’t have access to the web
- CHURCH DONATIONS AT THIS TIME: If possible anyone who donates via weekly envelopes and whose collector is not calling at moment or if you just wish to make a Donation to help us keep the Parish running we ask if you can log onto our website www.stjudesparish.net We now have a DONATE button there where you can make a donation to the parish. Please put the 1st line of your address in as reference or your current envelope number so we can allocate donations to your household so we can claim the tax back next year. We thank you all for helping us out at this time.
- Request for copies of Baptism, Confirmation Certificates and Letters of Freedom from 1st June in order to comply with the new GDPR requlations we are required by law to ask the person for whom the certificate relates to to request copy themselves accompanied by photo id so the easiest way is to email request to email@example.com and attach photo id otherwise we will have to give them a request form for you to sign and bring it back with photo id if you are asking someone to pick up certificates they must have photo id of their own as well before we can hand out paperwork
- Church Collections click here for more details
- COVID-19 SUPPORT LINE FOR OLDER PEOPLE
ALONE manage a national support line and additional sup-ports for older people who have concerns or are facing diffi-culties relating to COVID-19. Professional staff are availa-ble to answer queries and give advice and reassurance where necessary. The support line is open seven days a week, 8am – 8pm, by calling 0818 222 024
- South Dublin County Council Helpline 01-4149043 with the lines initially open from 9am to 5pm seven days a week. Out of hours email contact through firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mass bookings:
All Mass bookings are now taken in the Parish Office if you wish to book a Mass please call into the parish office, for anniversary Masses please call into the office at least 2-3 weeks prior to anniversary to ensure that the date is available.
Bookings for Anniversary Masses – please note due to the high demand for Masses please book your anniverary mass dates in as early as possible to avoid disappointment. Mass bookings can be made now up to the end of the current year
- Please refrain from leaving notes in Safe in Church or under door of sacristy requesting names to be read out Parish Office is open Monday – Friday from 8.30am to 1pm and after all Masses on Sunday morning phone 01-4600127 email: email@example.com
- Cards - Cards for all occasions now available in Parish Office. Also Confirmation cards and religious objects available
Return to Top