Gracious God, your
Son Jesus Christ
gave us the confidence
to call you Father. We believe you care for
us. We believe also
in the communion
of saints. With
confidence we ask
St. Jude, patron of
difficult cases, to pray
with us, for our
Thank you, God,
for hearing our prayer.
Dear Parishioner ,
Welcome to our parish website and if you are new to the area, welcome to our parish. You may come from further afield and simply want to know something about St. Jude the Apostle Parish – I hope that your visit will transform distance into friendship.
Our parishioners come from all over Ireland and beyond. We are comprised of young and not so young, working and retired people and children growing up who share a common love of God and each other. Please browse our site and feel welcome to drop into our beautiful church at any time to say a prayer or light a candle or join our parish family for Mass.
You can also tune in and watch our ceremonies live through the magic of the internet, which when you think of it is really what a parish is all about. A group of individuals combining talents and knowledge for the greater good and as the Jesuits would say, the Glory of God.
With best wishes:
Fr. Brendan Madden P.P.
This parish is made up of over 2,500 homes from the estates of Orwell Park, Willington, Wellington Road, Cypress Downs, Glendown, Rossmore, Templeogue Wood, Templeogue Lodge, Rushbrook, Kennington, Wilderwood, Osprey, Kilvere and Domville.
Click here for full Note
If any one would like to order Easter Mass Bouquets you can phone me or send me a email and I will try to get them to you over next few days you can pay for them when we reopen
or Mobile: 087 6174498
Masses and Ceremonies Here in St. Jude The Apostle During Covid-19 (Behind Closed Doors)
Daily Mass will be streamed on the web
Monday to Friday at 9.30am and
on Sunday at 10.00am
Fr Brendan will also try to put on the Stations of the Cross or Say the Rosary after Mass each day if he can, which you can watch on the web. We ask you to stay home and stay safe for the next few weeks
Psalm 51 as being said at beginning of our Daily Mass Click Here
As no collections are possible at this time there is an on-line payment facility via paypal. Click on “Donate” button
An Act of Spiritual Communion
I believe that You
are present in the Most Holy Sacrament.
I love You above all things,
and I desire to receive You into my soul.
Since I cannot at this moment
receive You sacramentally,
come at least spiritually into my heart.
I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You.
Never permit me to be seperated from You.
A Prayer during times of a Pandemic
Please note there will be no Taize Masses here until further notice
Go to the dedicated page for the Lectio Divina group by clicking here
Click here for Sunday's (5th April) Lectio Reflection or
Click here to goto the Lectio Reflection archive
Today's Mass readings
Thought for Today
Sunday's Mass Readings
Letter From Archbishop of Dublin Re Covid-19
|Insights into Spiritual Communion
Covid-19 inspired Thoughts Click here
|Click here for this week's newsletter or
Click here to go to the newsletter archive
- The Church Building is closed to all visitors until further notice
- RTE will broadcast Daily Mass each day at 10.30am for those of you who don’t have access to the web
- RTE will broadcast Mass & Holy Week Ceremonies for those who don't have access to the web.
Holy Week Ceremonies
Palm Sunday mass at 11.00am from Kalros Chapel Studio Maynooth
Monday to Wednesday Mass at 10.30am
Holy Thursday Mass at 16.40 Fr Joe Campbell will celebrate Mass from Cathedral of Christ the King Mullingar
Good Friday 15.00 Fr Derek Darby will lead the Passion
Holy Saturday Vigil Mass at 22.00 Bishop Tom Deenihan celebrates the Vigil Mass in Church of Christ the King Mullingar
Easter Sunday 10.00 am Mass
Easter Sunday 11.00am Urbi et Orbi Pope Francis will deliver his Easter Message
- CHURCH DONATIONS AT THIS TIME: If possible anyone who donates via weekly envelopes and whose collector is not calling at moment or if you just wish to make a Donation to help us keep the Parish running we ask if you can log onto our website www.stjudesparish.net We now have a DONATE button there where you can make a donation to the parish. Please put the 1st line of your address in as reference or your current envelope number so we can allocate donations to your household so we can claim the tax back next year. We thank you all for helping us out at this time.
Please hold on to you Easter Dues till we are open again and you can drop your envelopes into us
- Request for copies of Baptism, Confirmation Certificates and Letters of Freedom from 1st June in order to comply with the new GDPR requlations we are required by law to ask the person for whom the certificate relates to to request copy themselves accompanied by photo id so the easiest way is to email request to email@example.com and attach photo id otherwise we will have to give them a request form for you to sign and bring it back with photo id if you are asking someone to pick up certificates they must have photo id of their own as well before we can hand out paperwork
- As part of the Coronavirus guidelines and to minimise the risk of infection the Parish Office closed to the public. You can still contact us by phone Catherine Mobile 087 6174498 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any requests or queries.
We thank you for your co operation at this time
- Church Collections click here for more details
- CCOVID-19 Support Line for Older People ALONE has launched a national support line and additional supports for older people who have concerns or are facing difficulties relating to the outbreak of COVID-19 (Corona-virus). Professional staff are available to answer queries and give advice and reassurance where necessary. The support line is open Monday to Friday, 8am-8pm, by calling 0818 222 024. Hours may be extended to meet the demand. Monday evening adoration will go ahead from 7 to 9pm
- South Dublin County Council Helpline 01-4149043 with the lines initially open from 9am to 5pm seven days a week. Out of hours email contact through email@example.com
- EASTER MASS BOUQUETS: are available in Parish Office PRICE €6. Bouquets will be remembered at both Masses on Easter Sunday
If any one would like to order Easter Mass Bouquets you can phone me or send me a email and I will try to get them to you over next few days you can pay for them when we reopen.
email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Mobile: 087 6174498
- Mass bookings:
All Mass bookings are now taken in the Parish Office if you wish to book a Mass please call into the parish office, for anniversary Masses please call into the office at least 2-3 weeks prior to anniversary to ensure that the date is available.
Bookings for Anniversary Masses – please note due to the high demand for Masses please book your anniverary mass dates in as early as possible to avoid disappointment. Mass bookings can be made now up to the end of the current year
- Do you have any old foreign notes or coins lying around at home or 1 or 2 cent euro coins? Koins for Kids is a small voluntary charity putting all their efforts in the funding of lifesaving equipment for The New Children’s Hospital when building is complete. Koins for Kids collects out of date and damaged currency and one & two cent coins. They are open to any donation none is too big or small. To date they have raised over €80,000 If you have any coins or foreign currency which can repatriated please drop into the parish office
- Joe Walsh Tours Shrines of Italy Rome & San Giovanni Rotondo Spiritual Director Fr Damian Farnon 5th October 2020 7 Nights €959pp. Includes two guided tours in Rome, general audience with Pope Francis, visit to the Tomb of St Pio
and the Shrine of St Michael Archangel for further information & itinerary contact Imelda Farrell 087 2402756
- Pilgrimage to Medjugorje 3rd to 10th June 2020 €715.00. Bed Breakfast & Evening Dinner. For more information please phone Noreen O’Connor 4602436 or 087 7462175
- Please refrain from leaving notes in Safe in Church or under door of sacristy requesting names to be read out Parish Office is open Monday – Friday from 8.30am to 1pm and after all Masses on Sunday morning phone 01-4600127 email: email@example.com
- Cards - Cards for all occasions now available in Parish Office. Also Confirmation cards and religious objects available
Return to Top