Gracious God, your
Son Jesus Christ
gave us the confidence
to call you Father. We believe you care for
us. We believe also
in the communion
of saints. With
confidence we ask
St. Jude, patron of
difficult cases, to pray
with us, for our
Thank you, God,
for hearing our prayer.
Dear Parishioner ,
Welcome to our parish website and if you are new to the area, welcome to our parish. You may come from further afield and simply want to know something about St. Jude the Apostle Parish – I hope that your visit will transform distance into friendship.
Our parishioners come from all over Ireland and beyond. We are comprised of young and not so young, working and retired people and children growing up who share a common love of God and each other. Please browse our site and feel welcome to drop into our beautiful church at any time to say a prayer or light a candle or join our parish family for Mass.
You can also tune in and watch our ceremonies live through the magic of the internet, which when you think of it is really what a parish is all about. A group of individuals combining talents and knowledge for the greater good and as the Jesuits would say, the Glory of God.
With best wishes:Fr. Brendan Madden P.P. Click here for Note from Fr Brendan
This parish is made up of over 2,500 homes from the estates of Orwell Park, Willington, Wellington Road, Cypress Downs, Glendown, Rossmore, Templeogue Wood, Templeogue Lodge, Rushbrook, Kennington, Wilderwood, Osprey, Kilvere and Domville.
Masses and Ceremonies Streamed Here in St. Jude The Apostle During Covid-19
Monday to Friday at 9.30am and
on Saturday at 6.30pm Sunday at 10.00am & 11:30am
Entry to church for those with tickets is via the main gates. Rossmore doors will be for exit only. No entry allowed via Rossmore doors until mass is over and
church will be open each day from 10.15 to 5pm
Please note: Where a funeral is due there will be no access to 9.30 Mass we will let you know if this is the case.
We thank you for your co-operation and patience at this time
As no collections are possible at this time there is an on-line payment facility via paypal. Click on “Donate” button
Click here to view more detailed letter on Mass arrangements
An Act of Spiritual Communion
I believe that You
are present in the Most Holy Sacrament.
I love You above all things,
and I desire to receive You into my soul.
Since I cannot at this moment
receive You sacramentally,
come at least spiritually into my heart.
I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You.
Never permit me to be seperated from You.
Faith is the daring of the soul to go further than it can see.
Rosaries Fr Brendan Uses with
FrKevin & Dana.
Click on one to Select.
Glorious Mysteries - Wednesday & Sunday
Joyful Mysteries - Monday & Saturday
Luminous Mysteries - Thursday
- Tuesday & Friday
Templeouge Cemetary Graveyard Mass 2020 celebrant Fr. Brendan Madden as captured by our local videograpther Mick
Go to the dedicated page for the Lectio Divina group by clicking here
Click here for Sunday's (12th July) Lectio Reflection or
Click here to goto the Lectio Reflection archive
Today's Mass readings or Universalis
Thought for Today
Sunday's Mass Readings
Letter From Archbishop of Dublin Re Covid-19
|Insights into Spiritual Communion
Covid-19 inspired Thoughts Click here
Click here for this week's newsletter or
Click here to go to the newsletter archive
Please note there will be no Taize Masses here until further notice
. Click here
to goto Taize page
- We welcome you all back to our church and hope to see as many as is safely possible at mass here over the next few weeks. FR. BRENDAN, PERKY & PARISH TEAM
Cosy Corner Cafe located in our pastoral centre has reopened for a new take home service. You can order from the counter or call ahead on 087 707 5789 from 10am until 2pm weekdays. Check out our Facebook page for more information on our menu and updates on opening times’. Remember to Shop Local and support our Local Businesses Limited no of seats now available for sit in
- If you have a Mass already booked and would like to attend over next few weeks please let me know and I will reserve space for you 087 6174498.
Parish Office will be open 10am to 11am otherwise please use the email or phone number below for any requests or queries.
Please try and not leave requests for Masses on Fr Brendan's phone or on Facebook as I have the Diary here Catheirne.
We thank you for your co-operation at this time. email: email@example.com or Catherine Mobile: 087 6174498
VDP:Want to acknowledge with thanks the sum of €1170.00 donated over last couple of weeks. Our Local Conference of the St Vincent De Paul Society are seeking your help at this time as the Society is under a lot of pressure to meet their demands at this time as we have no Church Gate Collections at this time the Society would ask if you can spare anything to drop donations into Safe at back of Church just put VDP on envelope or lodge directly to their bank account using the following
IBAN IE62BOFI90075483434073 any help would be appreciated
- We thank you all for helping us out at this time. Many thanks to all who donated so far amount donated this week €1520.00. You can drop your envelopes or Easter Dues into safe at back of Church if you are passing during the day. Rossmore Door is open from 10am to 5pm. Thank you also to those who have made contributions to the First Collection and Share Collection
- Jigsaw Offering younger people going through a hard time, or for those worried about a young person in your life. www.jigsaw.ie or https://www.jigsaw.ie/newsandevents/ post/covid-19-what-were-doing
Trocaire ask that if is is possible can you lodge the money in your Trocaire Boxes direct to them please Online at www.trocaire.org • By post: Trócaire, Maynooth, Co. Kildare
• By phone 1850 408 408 • If you can't arrange to send money direct please leave boxes on table at back of Church
- Thank you also to those who have made contributions to the First Collection and Share Collection. The Common Fund, which is supported by the First Collection and Dues Collections is now on the verge of collapse and a 25% income cut with immediate effect has now been implemented for all the Priests of the Diocese. If you haven't yet made your donations we ask you to please consider doing so
- Radio Maria Ireland: Mass is broadcast daily at 10.00am and on Sunday at 10.00am and 11.00am. Listen on Saorview ch210 on App “Radio Maria Ireland” Internet https://www.radiomaria.ie/ and on Facebook “Listen Live Radio” Mass also on EWTN each day if you have access to it on your tv's
RTE will broadcast Daily Mass each day at 10.30am for those of you who don’t have access to the web
- CHURCH DONATIONS AT THIS TIME: If possible anyone who donates via weekly envelopes and whose collector is not calling at moment or if you just wish to make a Donation to help us keep the Parish running we ask if you can log onto our website www.stjudesparish.net We now have a DONATE button there where you can make a donation to the parish. Please put the 1st line of your address in as reference or your current envelope number so we can allocate donations to your household so we can claim the tax back next year. We thank you all for helping us out at this time.
Please hold on to you Easter Dues till we are open again and you can drop your envelopes into us
- Request for copies of Baptism, Confirmation Certificates and Letters of Freedom from 1st June in order to comply with the new GDPR requlations we are required by law to ask the person for whom the certificate relates to to request copy themselves accompanied by photo id so the easiest way is to email request to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach photo id otherwise we will have to give them a request form for you to sign and bring it back with photo id if you are asking someone to pick up certificates they must have photo id of their own as well before we can hand out paperwork
- Church Collections click here for more details
- CCOVID-19 Support Line for Older People ALONE has launched a national support line and additional supports for older people who have concerns or are facing difficulties relating to the outbreak of COVID-19 (Corona-virus). Professional staff are available to answer queries and give advice and reassurance where necessary. The support line is open Monday to Friday, 8am-8pm, by calling 0818 222 024. Hours may be extended to meet the demand. Monday evening adoration will go ahead from 7 to 9pm
- South Dublin County Council Helpline 01-4149043 with the lines initially open from 9am to 5pm seven days a week. Out of hours email contact through email@example.com
- Mass bookings:
All Mass bookings are now taken in the Parish Office if you wish to book a Mass please call into the parish office, for anniversary Masses please call into the office at least 2-3 weeks prior to anniversary to ensure that the date is available.
Bookings for Anniversary Masses – please note due to the high demand for Masses please book your anniverary mass dates in as early as possible to avoid disappointment. Mass bookings can be made now up to the end of the current year
- Please refrain from leaving notes in Safe in Church or under door of sacristy requesting names to be read out Parish Office is open Monday – Friday from 8.30am to 1pm and after all Masses on Sunday morning phone 01-4600127 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cards - Cards for all occasions now available in Parish Office. Also Confirmation cards and religious objects available
Return to Top