Gracious God, your
Son Jesus Christ
gave us the confidence
to call you Father. We believe you care for
us. We believe also
in the communion
of saints. With
confidence we ask
St. Jude, patron of
difficult cases, to pray
with us, for our
Thank you, God,
for hearing our prayer.
Welcome to the website of the parish of St. Jude the Apostle, Templeogue in Dublin Ireland. This parish is made up of over 2,500 homes from the estates of Orwell Park, Willington, Cypress Downs, Glendown, Rossmore, Templeogue Wood, Templeogue Lodge, Rushbrook, Kennington, Wilderwood, Osprey, Kilvere and Domville.
Mass times for St Judes Parish are as follows:
- Sunday: 10.00am (Choir) & 11.30am ( Organ & Cantor/ Family Mass monthly)
Space There is Sunday Evening Mass in our neighboring parishes. See note below
- Saturday: 10.00am and 6.30pm (Folk group every 2nd week)
- Weekdays: 9.30am
- Holy Days: 9.30am, 11.00am and 7.30pm
- Bank Holiday: There will be just one Mass at 10.00am and no Evening Adoration
"Know ye not that ye are the temple of God and that the spirit of God dwelleth in you. "
- Corinthians 3:16
Taize Mass normally takes place here on the last Sunday each month at 7.30pm from September to May.
Please use the Rossmore Entrance.
Click here to goto Taize page
All are welcome
Go to the dedicated page for the Lectio Divina group by clicking here
Click here for Sunday's (28th June) Lectio Reflection or
Click here to goto the Lectio Reflection archive
Today's Mass readings
Thought for Today
Sunday's Mass Readings
Parish Safeguarding & Child Protection Policy
Believe in yourself -
in the power you have
to control your own life day by day.
Believe in the strength
that you have deep inside
and your faith will help show
you the way.
Believe in tomorrow,
and what it will bring.
Let a hopeful heart
carry you through.
For things will work out
if you trust and believe
there’s no limit
to what you can do.
To accomplish great things
we must not only act, but also dream;
not only plan but also believe.
- ( )
|Click here for this week's newsletter or
Click here to go to the newletter archive
- NOTICES FOR NEWSLETTER - Please email or drop your requests for inclusion in weekly newsletter to parish office no later than 1pm on Thursdays
- Many thanks for your support last weekend to
1st Collection €1310 2nd Collection for Share €910 Weekly Family Offering €850
- This weekend the 2nd Collection at all Masses is the Annual Peter’s Pence Collection to support the Pope’s Charities and will replace the Share Collection
Parish Jubilee Events
Click here for some Photos
- Mass bookings:
All Mass bookings are now taken in the Parish Office if you wish to book a Mass please call into the parish office, for anniversary Masses please call into the office at least 2-3 weeks prior to anniversary to ensure that the date is available
As we celebrate our Last Family Mass before the summer break Many thanks to our Family Mass group & our children’s choir under the direction of Miriam & Anne for coordinating our Family Masses throughout the year we wish them all a good summer and hope to see them again in September
- Templeogue Cemetery Mass will take place here in St Jude’s Church next Saturday 4th July at 3pm followed by blessing of Graves up in Cemetery
Our Senior Choir are also taking a break for July & August we wish them a good summer break. We will continue to have our organist and cantor at both of our Sunday Masses throughout July & August
- St Jude’s Summer Project Registration for Week 1 takes place on Sunday 28th June in Bishop Galvin N.S, from 10.30am to 1.00pm On-line registration – stjudessummerproject.ie Cards can be collected before joining queue on the day
Are you trained to use a defibrillator? The Parish would like to purchase a defibrillator and we are looking for those who are trained to use one to put their names down on a Rota so we would have someone on hand during Daily / Weekend Masses and any other parish activities during the year. If you can leave your name into the parish office or email email@example.com
Folk Group Mass Dates from June to September
4th July / 18th July / 1st Aug / 15th Aug / 29th Aug / 12th Sept / 26th Sept
HOUSE TO HOUSE APPEAL CAN YOU HELP
We are appealing to those parishioners who do not subscribe to either our house to house envelopes collection or standing orders at present to consider donating a small amount to parish each week/month either by weekly envelopes or by standing order. Our contributions have dropped by over €31000 over the past seven years mainly due to collectors retiring, parishioners dying & houses changing hands. If you could manage €21 a month you would then come into the tax refund scheme which allows us THE PARISH as a registeed charity to claim back the tax paid on your contributions but what ever you can do to help we would be extreamly grateful. Members of Parish Council will be outside this weekend after all masses handing out standing order forms which you can leave back next week into safe at back of church or into parish office or if you would prefer to donate via weekly envelopes please call into the parish office to pick up a box of envelopes. Many thanks to all for your continued support
Parish Pilgrimage to Lourdes: Joining with Dublin Diocesan Pilgrimage from 7th - 12th September.
If you would be interested in traveling to Lourdes on Pilgrimage with a group from the Parish from 7th to 12th September. Cost €719 - 5 night full board in the Hotel Solitude please leave your name and contact number into the parish office as soon as possible
Next Baptismal Course will take place on Monday 29th June at 8pm in Room 1 of the Pastoral Centre for the parents of all babies who will be baptised here during July 2015. Anyone wishing to book a christening should come along to Room 1 in the Parish Centre on the 1st & 3rd Sunday of each month between 11.00am and 11.30am to meet with one of our Baptism Team to arrange your christening
- “ 25 CARDS” Game of 25 every Thursday night St Judes GAA Club entrance fee €5 be there for 9pm Game starts at 9.30pm
Our Family Mass will take place on Sundays at 11.30am we invite parents with young children to join us for our Family Mass.
Family Mass for dates can be viewed here
The Courtyard Café Located in the Parish Centre all produce homemade
on premises. We are open on Sunday mornings after all our Masses we hope you will drop in and support them. They will be open as normal from Monday to Friday from 8am to 3pm
The Swamp Youth Club is a dedicated
weekly youth club for teenagers aged
13-18 taking place in St Michael’s House
every Tuesday from 19.30 to 21.30. See notice in Church Porch for full details
or contact Katie on 086 3635717 or
- Can you Sing or play a musical
Our Folk Group , Parish
Choir & Taize groups are
all seeking new members.
As Music is such a integral part of the Mass please think about joining one of our music groups to help them to keep their numbers up & enable them to continue to enhance our liturgies here in St Jude’s
Our Folk group are
looking for Singers and
Musicians to sing/play at
our Saturday evening Mass at
6.30pm every second Saturday if
you are interested please contact
Geraldine at 086-2408912
Our Taize group are also looking for new members they sing at monthly Taize Mass on last Sunday of each month from September to April please contact Kay at 087 2454640 1st Taize Mass for this Year September 28th at 7.30pm
Our Parish choir are looking for singers to sing at our 10.00am Mass each Sunday morning please contact Judit at 087 6902220 or speak to her after Mass on Sunday morning
The Local branch of Meals on Wheels need drivers if you can spare approx one hour one day per week phone Nora at 4907269 or 085 1660502
- Patients in need of transport to and from their chemotherapy treatments (inc. bloods, consultant appointments, follow-ups, etc.) can avail of ‘Care to Drive’ - a free transport service to the following hospitals – St. Vincent’s; St. James’s; the Mater; Tallaght; Blanchardstown. Contact your hospital team or the Irish Cancer Society on 01 2310566 for more details
Internet help for Seniors on Tuesday mornings in St Judes GAA club at 10.30a.m. Must have your own laptop
- Divine Mercy Holy Hour takes place each Tuesday from 3pm to 4pm
- Please note that there is Sunday Evening Mass in our neighboring parishes as follows Mount Argus 4pm, Greenhills 5.30pm, Knocklyon 7pm and Crumlin 7pm.
Please note a change to the Sunday Mass Times in St Pius X Church starting on Sunday 5th January 2014. Saturday Vigil: 7 PM Sunday: 9.30 AM and 11.30 AM
- Dyspraxia Association of Ireland : Southside Support Group meet on 1st Wednesday of each month in Perrystowns Community Centre Limekiln from 7.30pm to 9.15pm.
Tea/ Coffee served Donation of €5 (if you can) enquires to Geraldine 085 1438991 or Carla 086 2386653
- Beginner Violin Lessons - Adults & Children age 5+
Qualified & Experienced Teacher (Garda Vetted)
Available to come to you home. Contact Nicola 086-8602725
- Dominican Retreat Centre Tallaght Village
Meditation, Mindfulness,Advent Retreat, Zen, etc.Contact 4048189 /4048123
- Home Instead Senior Care have been providing a flexible range of home care services like housekeeping, meal preparation, personal care, into the homes of seniors in this area for the last 7 years. To find out how we can help your loved ones stay happy and live independently at home for longer than otherwise possible, contact local office on 01-4241945
- Arthritis Ireland:
Invite you to join in their weekly walks every Monday Morning at 10.30am with Carmel meet at Tymon Park Gate beside Faughs GAA club phone 087-2616798 for more information.
Learn how to improve your health & overall well being with Arthritis Ireland
- Used Stamps: The collection of used stamps is an on-going project with the Holy Rosary Missionary Sisters.
A big Thank You for all the stamps that have been donated in the past you can leave your stamps into the parish office
- DIG – Dublin Inclusive Group – Group meeting now in Perrystown Community Centre – Limekiln Lane. DIG is a group for parents and carers of children/dependants on the Sprectrum – Asperger’s, ASD,ADD, ADHD, PDD- NOS… We meet in Perrystown Community Centre on the First Tuesday of each month from 10am to 12pm phone 086 406682 for more information
St Jude’s Parish Choir sing at our 10.30am Mass each Sunday if you are interested in joining please contact our Organist & Choir Director Judit after the 10.30am Mass any Sunday during September Or phone Judit at 087-6902220
CROSSCARE have asked us to be aware of individuals contacting parishes claiming to represent a British charity, "The Forrester Fund for Children". Upon closer inspection their contact numbers do not work and their address appears to be incorrect. All parishes are asked to be aware of requests coming from charitable organisations
- Please refrain from leaving notes in Safe in Church or under door of sacristy requesting names to be read out Parish Office is open Monday – Friday from 8.30am to 1pm and after all Masses on Sunday morning phone 01-4600127 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cheeverstown House Volunteers needed. Could you give a few hours once a month to help us maintain the gardens within our community house? No experience necessary, working together as part of a team. If you are interested in finding out more please contact Gerry O’Connor at 01-4993700 or email : email@example.com
- Cards - Cards for all occasions now available in Parish Office. Also Confirmation cards and religious objects available
Return to Top
Click on logo above to download latest
Dublin Diocesan e-Good News
- An tAifreann Naofa: A bilingual booklet (Irish & English) and CD with updated texts of Masses, produced by An Coiste Tréadach is now available to purchase. It ’ s a practical aid in the celebration of Mass in Irish. Enquiries/Orders: Glór na Gael: 046-9487573. Website: www.udar.ie Veritas: 01-8788177. A copy is available free of charge to all priests of the Dublin Diocese by contacting an Coiste Tréadach directly at email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fr. Pádraig O’Cochlain at 086 2648046
- Advent Reflections at Focolare : The Focolare Movement is an international ecumenical lay ecclesial movement. We will be hosting a series of Tuesday evening Advent Reflections at our base at 20 Ramleh Close, Dublin 6 for 4 Tuesday evenings 8.00-9.30pm . The meetings will begin on Tuesday 27th November . All are Welcome to attend, refreshments afterwards
- www.sacredspace.ie is online prayer site run by the Irish Jesuits for you, your family, your students, your prayer group, your colleagues at work. All it takes is ten minutes a day in front of your PC, or smartphone for a guided personal reflection centered on a new passage of scripture each day. The aim of the site is to help you find time for peace and reflection in the middle of the hustle and bustle of daily life. What better commitment to your Year of Faith than to deepen your relationship with God in your life. Why not start this November and use our Chapel of Remembrance to make a special prayer for a loved one
- Request for Overseas Volunteers: Viatores Christi, a Catholic association, founded in 1960, recruits, trains and places people with skills and life
experience in roles with our mission partners in areas of need overseas. We are currently seeking people over the age of 21 (retired people especially welcome)
who are interested in overseas volunteering. We offer a comprehensive training programme to help you discern whether overseas volunteering is for you and
full support before, during and after your placement if you do decide to go overseas. For further information, please visit our website www.viatoreschristi.com or email Colette at email@example.com Tel. 01-868 9986
- Third Age - Senior Help Line: Senior Help Line is a confidential listening service for older people provided by trained older volunteers for the price of a local call anywhere in Ireland, LoCall 1850 440 444. ‘Senior Help Line’s trained older volunteers offer a friendly, listening and non-judgmental ear to all callers. So don't be alone with your problem. Lifting the phone lessens the loneliness. We will be waiting for your call. LoCall 1850 440 444
- B.E. Beginning Experience: B.E. is a support group for those coping with the pain of loss of their life partner, through death, separation or divorce. This is a healing ministry, which helps to resolve the grief that goes with the end of a marriage or relationship. Coping effectively with bereavement is a skill we can all learn. For further information phone 01 6790556 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Courses at All Hallows: The Pathways Course: Have you ever thought about exploring your faith? Or wished that you could broaden your understanding of your faith?
Perhaps you are feeling challenged by questions your children or grandchildren are asking about God and the meaning of faith for which you feel you have ‘no answers’.
Perhaps you are feeling challenged by all that is happening in the Irish Church right now. If so, Pathways may be the course for you. Pathways is a course for adults who wish to explore their faith. There are no exams on this course, no written work. The only qualification is an openness to listening to others.
For more information please phone 01 8373745 or email us at email@example.com
- Apostolic Work: Apostolic Work helps the world wide missionary endeavour through prayer and provision of material aid (gifts/finance) to missionary priests, nuns and lay missionaries. We are currently looking for Volunteers who can sew and feel they can contribute to our mission. For further details contact: Mary O’Reilly, 25A The Stiles Road, Clontarf, Dublin 3. Tel. 8338556. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- CURA: Crisis Pregnancy Support Services. Talk to us, we listen. Our Dublin branches include, City Centre-30 South Anne Street, Dublin 2;Blanchardstown- CrossCare, Main Street, Blanchardstown; Tallaght-TWS House, 1-2 Main Street, Tallaght. For further details contact:
Telephone - 01 6710598 or see www.cura.ie
- 1Life: Irelands only 24-hour suicide prevention and intervention, helpline and text message service. Check out their website below
Email email@example.com. Website www.1life.ie. Facebook www.facebook.com/1LifeIreland
- APOSTOLIC WORK: (Dublin Centre) (under the patronage of His Grace, the Archbishop of Dublin): Apostolic Work are currently putting together Mass Kits for the Third World, Uganda in particular. They are looking for sewers or stitchers to join them in their work. If you feel you have the sewing skills required and would like to help them achieve their goal please call Mary O Reilly on 086 8891236
- ARC Cancer Support is a voluntary organisation which offers free, professional support to men and women affected by cancer and those who care for them. Can you volunteer your time to help with once off/regular fundraising activities such as database maintenance, planning of events, obtaining sponsors, etc. Please call Deirdre or Maura at 01 830 7333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- IRISH HOSPICE FOUNDATION: The Irish Hospice Foundation supports the development of hospice care and promotes the hospice philosophy. Our aim is to facilitate the practice of hospice care in all its aspects. We do this by working independently as well as in partnership with the statutory,
voluntary and professional bodies concerned with hospice and palliative care in Ireland.
For full details on all courses see the course database on their website at www.hospice-foundation.ie
- Clothes Collections: Please remind parishioners that there are several leaflets being dropped into homes, purporting to be genuine charitable clothes collections, which may be bogus. Recently one was circulated claiming to be involved with local Churches – but when we checked out the telephone numbers given on them, none was in operation. Well known Irish Charities, such as Enable Ireland and the Irish Cancer Society,
who leave bags for collection always use valid phone numbers and charity numbers. Established charities, including the Vincent de Paul rely on clothes collections for vital income and are being significantly affected by the bogus collections
Return to Top
||Spirit Radio on Dublin 89.9 New Christian Radio Station why not tune in and take a listen or check them out on www.spiritradio.ie
The Pastoral letter of the Holy Father Pope Benedict XVI to the Catholics of Ireland can be downloaded here