Please be advised the use of Face Masks in Church at all times is mandatory for all Adults over 12 as advised by all Church Leaders unless you have a medical condition exempting you from wearing a Mask then the wearing of a face shield is recommended
- 10am Mass Sunday 19th & 26th September. Please note due to children from Bishop Galvin School making their Confirmation here at 10am on Sunday 19th and 26th September no one can attend 10am Mass on either of these Sundays only the children and their families will be allowed in so please come to either 6.30pm Mass on Saturday 18th or 25th September or 12pm Mass on Sunday 19th or 26th September. You can of course watch the 10am Mass online if you prefer
1st Holy Communions will take place here on Monday & Tuesday 20th & 21st of Septemberb and Thursday & Friday 23rd & 24th September at 10.00am.
There will be no 9.30am Mass on these days so please do not come to the church. Access will only be allowed to those making 1st Holy Communion and their guests
The Annual Collection for Crosscare the social support agency of the Archdiocese of Dublin will take place at all Masses this weekend. It will replace the normal Share Collection. Through their services for Homeless, Youth, Migrants and Refugees, Crosscare focuses on helping people and families when they need it most or when they can't find support anywhere else. In their Community Foodbanks and Cafes they provide
food parcels and nutrious meals every day. Demand for their services continue to
increase as the pandemic has impacted the most vulnerable in our parishes and communities . Please give what you can at any of our Masses this weekend or online at
www.cosscare.ie or there are white envelopes in the church porch for you to post your donations
Confirmations will take place on Saturday & Sunday 18th & 19th September and Wednesday 22nd September and Saturday & Sunday 25th & 26th September all at 10.00am.
No one can attend these masses only those who are being confirmed and their parents and guests. You can of course still watch the ceremonies online
- We wish all the boys and girls who will receive their 1st Holy Communion and Confirmation here over the next week the very best of luck as they finally get to have their special day
- What is a Retrouvaille Programme?
The word Retrouvaille™ (pronounced re-tro-vi with a long i.) is a French word meaning rediscovery. The programme offers tools needed to rediscover a loving marriage relationship.
NEXT VIRTUAL PROGRAMME
Phase 1: A Virtual Weekend 21st - 24th October 2021
Thursday 21st and Friday 22nd October (evenings)
Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th October (full days)
Phase 2: Online Post Weekend Sessions
Wednesday evenings, 8pm-10pm
Commencing 27th October and running for 12 weeks until the 12th January 2022
The programme costs €150 per couple
To register your interest goto https://www.retrouvaille.ie/register_interest.php
- Copies of A Pastoral Letter for the Season of Creation 2021 "The Cry of Earth – The Cry of the Poor" By Archbishop Dermot Farrell are now available in the Parish Office price €2.50
Cosy Corner Café located in our Parish Centre open from Tuesday to Friday 9am to 2.30pm and Saturdays 10am to 2pm you can phone ahead to book a table for Breakfast or Lunch or for takeaway. Their number is 087 7075789. Afternoon Teas also available to order they have lovely outside tables for dining and a full take away service. from Tuesday 27th July they will have a limited number of inside tables also available as well as their lovely outside dining area. Please see their Facebook page for full details.
Koins for Kids have so far managed to raise over €210000.00 for a to purchase a Paediatric MRI scanner for new childrens hosptial any donations of coins both
foreign or euro or any old foreign notes you have lying around at home will be gratefully accepted, no donation to small, all donations can be dropped into
parish office at any time. Many thanks to all who have supported this Charity we are one of the leading contributors to the cause. Total donated by St Jude’s Parish is €3645.66. Check them out on www.koinsforkids.ie
The Local Conference of the St Vincent De Paul Society acknowledges with thanks your continued support to them. Amount Donated during August was €1205.00 You can still leave your donations in safe at back of church. we ask if you can to use the Blue envelopes on tables in Church for your donations and place envelopes in Safe at back of Church there are more demands than ever on the Society for help at this time of pandemic so any help would be appreciated
Get A Vaccine -Give A Vaccine Unicef are asking anyone who can, to help get vaccines to health workers and poor families in the poorest nations. You just need to Google : Get a Vaccine Give a Vaccine to log on to the donation button on Unicef website and make your donation anythink you can afford. If you can help please do so. So far Irish People have donated the cost of 1 million vaccines to those in desperate need
- Standing Orders – increasing amounts – Some of you have increased the amount you were donating or started new standing order but we are struggling to identify where some of the amounts are coming in from as you have not put your name in correct field. If you have increased or started a new standing order since January you might send me an email with the new amount and your name so we can allocate the correct amounts. Sincere thanks to all who continue to support the parish with your standing orders it is a great help to the upkeep of the parish and in claiming the tax back on your donations email@example.com
We have been advised by NEPHET that Christenings can recommnece from 5th August with limited numbers. We will put on an extra sesssion on Sundays in September at 3.30 so if you wish to book a Christening please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your preferred date. Maximum number permitted per family is 20 guests to include both adults and children.
- Please be extra careful if you are in the Church to wipe down seats and anything you touch and not to gather around talking in groups. Stay Safe and hopefully, we will all be able to gather for worship again very soon
- First and Second Collections: There are now envelopes on tables in church to allow you to contribute to the 1st & 2nd Collections if you use these envelopes and put your address on them we can register these contributions and claim the tax back on these contributions through the CHY tax reclaim scheme so thank you in advance.
Thank you also to those who have made contributions to the First Collection and Share Collection.
The Common Fund, which is supported by the First Collection and Dues Collections is now on the verge of collapse and a 25% income cut with immediate effect has now been implemented for all the Priests of the Diocese. If you haven't yet made your donations we ask you to please consider doing so
- Recordings of Daily & Weekend Masses are now available from our Webcam so if you miss any of our Masses you can view them later just click on recordings on our website or on churhmedia.tv
Saturday Morning Prayer at 10.00 We will have morning prayer each Saturday after which Church will open at approx 11am for private prayer and adoration
- Jigsaw Offering younger people going through a hard time, or for those worried about a young person in your life. www.jigsaw.ie or https://www.jigsaw.ie/newsandevents/post/covid-19-what-were-doing
- Radio Maria Ireland: Mass is broadcast daily at 10.00am and on Sunday at 10.00am and 11.00am. Listen on Saorview ch210 on App “Radio Maria Ireland” Internet https://www.radiomaria.ie/ and on Facebook “Listen Live Radio” Mass also on EWTN each day if you have access to it on your tv's
RTE will broadcast Daily Mass each day at 10.30am for those of you who don’t have access to the web
- CHURCH DONATIONS AT THIS TIME: If possible anyone who donates via weekly envelopes and whose collector is not calling at moment or if you just wish to make a Donation to help us keep the Parish running we ask if you can log onto our website www.stjudesparish.net We now have a DONATE button there where you can make a donation to the parish. Please put the 1st line of your address in as reference or your current envelope number so we can allocate donations to your household so we can claim the tax back next year. We thank you all for helping us out at this time.
- Request for copies of Baptism, Confirmation Certificates and Letters of Freedom from 1st June in order to comply with the new GDPR requlations we are required by law to ask the person for whom the certificate relates to to request copy themselves accompanied by photo id so the easiest way is to email request to email@example.com and attach photo id otherwise we will have to give them a request form for you to sign and bring it back with photo id if you are asking someone to pick up certificates they must have photo id of their own as well before we can hand out paperwork
- Church Collections click here for more details
- COVID-19 SUPPORT LINE FOR OLDER PEOPLE
ALONE manage a national support line and additional sup-ports for older people who have concerns or are facing diffi-culties relating to COVID-19. Professional staff are availa-ble to answer queries and give advice and reassurance where necessary. The support line is open seven days a week, 8am – 8pm, by calling 0818 222 024
- South Dublin County Council Helpline 01-4149043 with the lines initially open from 9am to 5pm seven days a week. Out of hours email contact through firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mass bookings:
All Mass bookings are now taken in the Parish Office if you wish to book a Mass please call into the parish office, for anniversary Masses please call into the office at least 2-3 weeks prior to anniversary to ensure that the date is available.
Bookings for Anniversary Masses – please note due to the high demand for Masses please book your anniverary mass dates in as early as possible to avoid disappointment. Mass bookings can be made now up to the end of the current year
- Please refrain from leaving notes in Safe in Church or under door of sacristy requesting names to be read out Parish Office is open Monday – Friday from 8.30am to 1pm and after all Masses on Sunday morning phone 01-4600127 email: email@example.com
- Cards - Cards for all occasions now available in Parish Office. Also Confirmation cards and religious objects available
Return to Top